How are the most talented developers always the ones doing things off the cuff?

how are the most talented developers always the ones doing things off the cuff?

Attached: vidja.png (172x179, 48.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yXUSULnPftI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They do what they want and arent bogged down by thinking things need to be a certain way. Clearly nintendo didnt appreciate it cause they made the next protag a little red headed bitch and then just quit letting these guys do pokemon in general cause cant have people realizing how garbage gamefreak really are

>knew nothing about pokemon
>still mogged gamefreaks entire catalogue for decades to come

the bar is set THAT low

>Clearly nintendo didnt appreciate it cause they made the next protag a little red headed bitch
lmao

Attached: AHAHAHAHAHA.png (1280x720, 1.14M)

I like the Orre games over the mainline ones.

>taking clickbait as fact

Colosseum was fucking ass.
It's a short game with no routes or gym challenge filled with hallways with a ton of trainers who only use shitmons to pad out the game.
They give you a fucking legendary close to the start and two more shortly after because they had no faith in how well they balanced everything else.

every battle is a double, so traditional jrpg tactical strategy!, and the new darkness mechanic was cool
cool game
bonus disc had a lot of video footage on it and gave you Jirachi

Reminder that Gen 6+ is what you wanted if you wanted Sonority doing shit.

And that you're a retard if you wanted that.

It's not clickbait, even before this video it was well known that Genius Sonority was made of developers who previously worked on Dragon Quest, these guys had literally never touched anything Pokémon related. Even here before this video I had seen people talk about it

That's not even just Pokemon, that's every RPG which mostly consists of battles. It's a nearly 30 hour RPG which you can add 10 more to if you want to do all the postgame stuff. That's long enough, not every RPG needs to be 50 hours base.

Also every battle is double too and it's not uncommon to get into a bad situation and get wiped because you were focusing on stealing an opponents Pokemon instead of trying to immediately kill them.

Then you were talking with people who didn't know what they were talking about.

GS opened with a bunch of Creatures staff. The company who owns a third of the franchise, is headed by Ishihara the guy in charge of the brand as a whole as the head of TPC that handles the TCG and had done several spin offs, including Stadium/II by the time GS was created.

>gym challenge
I've been playing since Blue and can't think of a single really challenging gym. Though frankly I'm still confused why people ever said Whitney's Miltank was a threat so maybe I'm skewed.

No wonder the game was so good and the peak of this shit series.

This is super fucking incorrect. Of course there had to be SOME people from Pokemon so they had some direction on what they were making but most of the developers and artists had NOTHING to do with the series. They were literally scouted talent from devs making PlayStation games. Of course they were going to buy the company they opened to make Pokemon games. Pokemon basically owns everyone who makes stuff for them, they had so much money they wanted to make sure they owned it if it blew up. It doesn't mean the staff hired knew anything about the series.

>"Several of Heartbeats former members created Genius Sonority"
>"Much of Genius Sonority's staff includes former employees of Heartbeat, the developer of Dragon Quest VII."
>"The company's founder and current president, Manabu Yamana, is best known as a key person at Heartbeat, a company that developed games in the Dragon Quest series for Enix"
We don't know how many, but from info that has existed and what these guys got when they interviewed them clearly most of them were not familiar with the series.

Colosseum sucked so that makes sense.

>so traditional jrpg tactical strategy!
what's really odd about Colosseum is that its devoid of any random battles. It made it really linear. The only way to grind levels was the tower

>GS opened with a bunch of Creatures staff
there is nothing that ever stated this

Game development back then was generally off the cuff, Quake was supposed to be this DnD fantasy game/world and they just said fuck it and Halo had like fucking 9 versions.

a brutal mogging

Attached: 1533478966675.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

Is it that they are talented or that anyone could do anything better than Gamefreak?

Pokemon was never hard, whenever people start talking about X game was harder I immediately write off their opinion as nostalgiafaggotry. Fun games can be easy and I battle against other people, I don’t need gym leader to put up more than token resistance

Probably a little bit of both honestly. The dragon quest games they made before were actually really fucking good and a lot of people still say those are their favorites. Pokémon was really hitting it's stride in that year too, Ruby and Sapphire had come out the year before, and Emerald was about to drop the year after. People were still Pokémon crazy

That video title sure is a huge fucking exaggeration of what's actually said in the video. It's not even correct, they weren't familiar with THE CURRENT GEN of Pokemon.

Yeah but that doesn't get clicks.

>Lead programmer stated he had never played a single Pokémon game, and that nobody on the team was an expert on the series.
idk that seems like enough, I don't see why we would assume that overworked japanese software devs were playing older pokemon games with their little time off

how is it possible to know nothing about Pokemon?

Attached: 1632568329710.jpg (500x375, 111.74K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yXUSULnPftI

Attached: 1631599066605.gif (250x270, 802.48K)

the composer of this series was ultra based