Mario Kart 8 Deluxe thread

if they dont add Airship Fortress I’m going to explode

Attached: A1022B25-6332-498F-AF38-E23CF3B8276A.jpg (1280x720, 251.5K)

I want Sherbet Land its really simple and fun
pretty much constant drift
that and midnight express and DK mountain
honestly I just want all the WII tracks

Attached: 029.png (832x456, 424.12K)

It almost seems very highly likely since Tour's version redesigned the look to have a bar inside and it be near lava for some reason

>Play through new courses a couple of times
>Never touch the game again until next DLC drops
Every single time...

Attached: popo.gif (480x360, 776.6K)

So with the release of wave 2 we know the datamine was real and we know what games the rest of the tracks will be coming from

what's your expectations?

10 Tour (city tracks)
6 New/Tour (Think ninja hideaway or the new ice cream one)
2 DS
3 GBA
2 3DS
4 Wii
4 GC
1 Snes

>2 DS
Peach Gardens
Airship Fortress
>3 GBA
Sunset Wilds
Lakeside Park
Cheep Cheep Island
>2 3DS
Shy Guy Bazaar
Rainbow Road
>4 Wii
Koopa Cape
Maple Treeway
Toad's Factory
Rainbow Road
>4 GC
Wario Colosseum
Dino Dino Jungle
Daisy Cruiser
Bowser's Castle
>1 Snes
Vanilla Lake

>3ds rainbow road
Fuck that, Daisy Hills.

hot take airship fortress sucked and is only remembered for the music

Shit take. Hate the music but love the track

a 3ds track is the final one of wave 3 and 3ds rainbow road is fuckin dope
a wii track is the final one of wave 6 and wii rainbow road is the goat

wii rainbow road is nuts I can't even imagine doing 200cc on that thing
in fact all the rainbow roads and kind of poorly suited for 200cc I'm always flying off edges

Attached: FOjt5epXoAEGofw.jpg (1443x888, 204.28K)

GC
>Wario Colosseum
>Dino Dino Jungle
>Daisy Cruiser
>Bowser's Castle
Good selection but I would have liked Mushroom City or DK Mountain,

>waluigi pinball will just reuse ds wario stadium's music instead of getting a new arrangement to better suit its aesthetic
>mario kart 8's 8-year track record of being the only game with unique music for every track will be broken by this

Attached: 1658853444621346.gif (444x250, 3.86M)

would you be OK with the next Mario Kart being comprised of only original tracks and no retro courses whatsoever? they're already gonna port all Tour tracks into this game, what are they gonna do next, remake them again?

>what are they gonna do next, remake them again?
you think they wont?

Attached: 1659456766596782.jpg (500x500, 36.23K)

I kind of doubt any of the Wii tracks where half pipe ramps are prominent like Wii Rainbow Road (Which currently doesn't have a Tour equivalent) or DK Summit will be making it in. That'd require them to program in the half pipe ramps, and they couldn't even be bothered to program cars that can move back and forth in Coconut Mall. (Which ironically, Tour's version does have) Of course they could always just remove them but that'd require significant changes for tracks like DK Summit.

I think that pretty much is the main reason they're even doing this. I bet the next Mario Kart will be all original tracks and it'll have some big changes, so might as well throw in as many Tour tracks as they can to the current traditional Mario Kart on the cheap to say goodbye.

Sucks that none of these are getting 8's full treatment though, tracks like Maple Treeway would've looked amazing in the base game's style and it's gonna look like plastic with less detail than the Wii version.

wario gold mine on wii had a half pipe near the end and they just didn't put it in the 8 version

>tfw Nintendo will never make a cup that only consists of past Rainbow Road courses

Attached: 1636493271877.jpg (396x691, 58.3K)

this game already has 3 (THREE) Rainbow Roads with the 3DS one most likely coming next too, why would you want more

That's true but that wasn't really an essential part of the track in the same way the half pipes at the end of DK Summit were, or various parts of Wii Rainbow Road. Tour also has an original track that uses them.