Do you enjoy ALL kinds of games? is there a genre you absolutely despise?

do you enjoy ALL kinds of games? is there a genre you absolutely despise?

Attached: 3d4ef34b-d4f2-4340-91a8-eef2d57b77ec.jpg (1280x1280, 1.63M)

I typically enjoy a wide variety of games and I judge games on an individual basis. For instance I didn't like Factorio because the gameplay just gets very repetitive after a while and then you just wait for research to be done, I don't derive much satisfaction from building different setups and seeing them work which is apparently the main appeal.

Looter shooters.

I see, what do you think about games like

Rimworld
R-type
Ratchet & Clank
Richard Burns Rally

?

Rimworld is a pretty barebones experience and it's the modding scene that carries the hell out of it, like a surprising amount of games. When people say they enjoy such games they typically really mean to say "I modded this game a lot which extended its shelf-life to far beyond what the game itself offers and I had fun".
Didn't play the rest other than Ratchet & Clank, it was pretty cool last time I played but I think it's been more or less a decade since.

enjoy
>2D platformers, metroidvanias, third-person shooters, action-adventure, cinematic platformers, action RPGs and some traditional RPGs (no turn-cringe)
dislike
>JRPGs, horror, stealth, roguelites, 3D platformers, autism sims, most fps games

Attached: a3.jpg (1763x2660, 2.76M)

Is that your 3x3? I don't have a genre I despise I think. I always thought I hated turn based rpgs but when I found a game I like in that genre I didn't hate it anymore.

I think I can find a single game in most genres that I like. The only genres I genuinly think sucks that it's impossible for me to enjoy any game from it is MMOs. I don't really like sports or racing games either.

I'm always trying to give genres a try. Currently I plan to dip my toe into the rts, 4x and strategy genres which I've never really played much of.

I thought for a while, and I can say that there isn't really any genre I absolutely despise. Even with sports games, I enjoy playing NHL since it's popular with a lot of people who don't otherwise play games (in Canada at least) and fun to play in person with friends.

Even with mobile games, I have liked at least one of them, even though I won't give most of them a glance. I don't think I really think about genres when I think about like or dislike, more about the individual games themselves. I like lots of adventure games, but I also dislike a lot of adventure games too. It's on a game-by-game basis it seems.

The only game genre I have not played is MOBA. I just really don't like the look of it, but since I've never played it, I can't say that I absolutely despise it.

Attached: kohakuNu.png (455x404, 166.9K)

FUCK MMOS I HATE MMOS

Attached: 1659198879926888.gif (498x379, 813.54K)

I despise ASSFAGGOTS and I generally dislike and avoid any overly competitive team based games. Battle Royales have also become stale, repetitive and boring. Also I don't play sports games because they just don't interest me

I think I like at least some games from every genre aside from the genres I avoid which I mentioned above

>absolutely despise.
Yep, adventure games, race, sports.

MMO's especially korean.
I'd rather dive in a septic tank.

Games that have fun but you can't just jump in and play with everything in the game.

Something good is menus like in Worms where you can just say "yes,yes, anything and everything" at the lobby.

Roguelikes are 99 times out of 100 worthless padding skinner boxes for retards.
All other genres are ok.

I despise MOBAs and competitive games. I despise MOBAs in particular so much that anyone who plays them is just worth nothing as a human being to me.

Oh and motion capture.
I just can't enjoy this it's like wishing to hit a ball with a baseball bat but someone took you to a 800% slowmo movie of it..and because it's mocap you can see the ball not even hit the bat, and the entity get swapped.

It's like looking at a robot drowning in a sea of piss and someone beside it holding a sign with a price and the word "buy" on it.

Oh and voice acting, and even worse is many words. Like if I wanna hear someone speaking I'll go for a podcast. In my games no thanks.

MMOs
Platformers
MOBAs

Attached: 1658548132910074.jpg (720x720, 75.95K)

I like most genres, but there are a few I hate:
>Sports games. I fucking hate them more than sports themselves. Always low effort cash grabs loaded with microtransactions. Fuck them, and the dumb fuck dudebros who play them.
>JRPGs. I used to love these as a teenager, but now I see them from the cringe chuuni shite they really are. It's always the same badly written plot and the combat is just often flashy cutscenes with a menu to choose what silly cutscene attack your guys do next.
>MMOs. Utter trash, it's basically a second job.
>Gatcha, if it counts as a genre. It's not really a game, it's gambling for shitty PNGs of anime girls and you can find better on pixiv or the boorus if you look for FREE. If someone tells me they like gatcha I immediately know they won't have any opinions on vidya worth listening to.

MMOs are for mentally ill homosexuals. Gacha are for disgusting insect subhumans.

>is there a genre you absolutely despise
Sports, RTS, Racing, JRPG, MOBA, and Simulators,

I think if you need a laundry list of mods to make a game fun, you shoulda just found a different game. I put around ~100 hours in RimWorld as it was and never bothered more. It was fun and I was entertained with the systems in place even if it was wonky from time to time in hilarious ways.

I enjoy almost anything. The only things I don't like playing is racers, sports or fighters. Not that I won't play them, I just don't care for them. Sports games stopped being fun after Tecmo Bowl, and racers stopped being fun after R.C. Pro-Am II. Don't really have an exception for fighters aside from Smash Bros.

Sports games are for fags
RTS was never fun
Shooters are getting boring as fuck the last decade
Guess I really hate most games.

-I don't get MOBAs, I don't get the appeal, don't understand them.
-MMOs seem like wasted potential, the concept of a world made up of players is cool but instead most MMOs are just themeparks where players don't even need to interact with eachother. Plus I avoid them because people waste their lives away on those.