What are some UBER-generic ARPGs and MMOs?

What are some UBER-generic ARPGs and MMOs?

For whatever reason, every so often I get the urge to play games that resemble ones that anime characters play, or ones that inspire the generic fantasy worlds of all those shitty isekai shows. All those have to be inspired by real-life games, right?

I imagine the Ys series, Shining Resonance Refrain, Tales Of series and Genshin Impact are some examples. I'm talking about action RPGs here, not turn-based ones.

Any "recommendations?"

Attached: slime_these_nuts.jpg (2049x1157, 439.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/developer/bandainamco/list/35633
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fantasy worlds are entirely based off the Lord of the Rings, so you could try one of those games.

shining tears and ys are great, you could also try radiata stories

Go play bad old F2P mmo's

Stuff like Fiesta Online

Bad news OP, these themes existed long before vidya and they were largely adapted to turn based series before the ARPG genre ever got a foothold.
I would open myself up to that possibility if you want to play the "best" high fantasy games.
Anyway, with that out of the way, try Dragon's Crown. It's a D&D campaign presented as a side scrolling beat em up, very satisfying.

Attached: Dragons-Crown44.jpg (1200x675, 141.75K)

>All those have to be inspired by real-life games, right?
I fucking wish, but no.

Genshin Impact should fill you up though.

This
We should play together

Attached: MMO list.png (2670x1078, 2.76M)

Soul

95% of them are ripping off Dragon Quest.

>Dragon Quest
Which is based off of Wizardry, which is based off of Dungeons and Dragons, which is based off of Lord of the Rings.

And?

shut the fuck up retard

Autism.

nigger

OP here. I fucking love Dragon's Crown. I just got it up-and-running on my Steam Deck through PS3 emulation. While I already knew of it, I appreciate that you're spreading the good word of its existence.

Shining Tears looks great. I like the texture work on Radiata Stories. I'll look into them, thanks.

I'm aware all this stuff comes from LOTR and D&D, but I specifically was talking about the "lime green grass and blue skies" anime tropey art style. I should have clarified that in my original post.

Ah, I don't even know why that didn't occur to me. It all seems so obvious now.

I'm liking the soul I'm seeing here. I'll look into these. I've played a small amount of the first Phantasy Star Online, but never tried Universe. I'll look into these, thanks.

What's with the ugly art?

.hack games are this concept. PSO was also a really cool "living in the internet" game. Dragons Dogma is pretty easy to roleplay as an anime mmo

The fuck? Tales of series has far more unique worlds than most fantasy. Isekai usually use Dragon Quest setting

>no mabinogi
that game would be perfect for an old school soul adventure

There are multiple action RPGs on Steam with Sword Art Online literally in the title

store.steampowered.com/developer/bandainamco/list/35633