All Japanese action games suck ass >literal no hit reactions

All Japanese action games suck ass >literal no hit reactions
>weightless floaty combat
>Design philosophy that directs to button mashing
>Horrible level design bottom of the barrel
> Terrible unrelateable unlikable caricature characters

West makes better games, there I said it.

Attached: images (51).jpg (293x341, 28.3K)

so many buzzwords kek

You're right. Let's exclusively play The Last of Us.

Counterpoint:
I like it

Great soundtrack.

Attached: virgil.jpg (967x675, 74.32K)

West makes better FPSs and RPGs. Can't touch Japan when it comes to third person action though.

OP, I know you're trying to do the meta thing and make an intentionally retarded post just for an excuse to have a DMC thread. But in order for it to work, you actually have to draw in the suckers who'll bump the thread by getting assmad. Your post is too obvious. You have to make it more believable. Try something like:
>>WOOOOW HE'S SO HECKIN LE QUIRKYYYYYYYY I LOVE DANTE WE LOVE PIZZA REDDIIT!!!!!!!!
>DMC5 zoomers need to fucking KILL themselves, DMC is shit anyway but this tranny game is ESPECIALLY fucking garbage with its plastic character models, annoying music, and ugly women. Only fucking weebs like this garbage. Go play a real action game like Metal Gear Rising.

OP here I'm trans btw

Attached: e7c6cpo44na31.gif (500x300, 2.94M)

dmc has deliberate combat. you can't do long combo by mashing buttons in dmc it even punishes you for mashing buttons if you do the basic combo tri tri tri with dante the last hit will make you stuck in an animation

Old western games like Jedi Outcast and Academy have great third person melee action combat. It definitely isn't the norm though.

Devil may cry uniquely has weightless floaty combat because it's bad. Play anything else.

Fuck OP, This thread is now about my wife Vergil

Attached: VERGILTIME.png (500x500, 373.08K)

>>Design philosophy that directs to button mashing
That'll get you killed in most action games though. DMC3/4/5 are the only exceptions I can think of.

Attached: Luka Redgrave.jpg (600x800, 194.71K)

>West makes better games
Name 5

Would Nier Automata be considered an action game? I don't think that one sucks at least. But yeah, devil may cry 5 was very boring. Gameplay was alright I guess but the story is horrendous. What's the point of good gameplay if bad story? Like hollow knight, those games are the worse.

KH2FM mogs every single western """action""" game.
Don't even respond to my post you fucking casual.
also DMC 5 panders to western audience, making it a western game.

Attached: wtf.png (231x221, 55.89K)

Does the west even make action games besides shooters?

The last of us
Uncharted 2
Gears of war
Halo 2
Max Payne 3

>west
>making good games
the west is too busy making woke games so that they'd get more funds from BlackRock

They occasionally try. Rarely does it make any impact.