2 years later. Still the only triple A game. wtf is happening vrbros

2 years later. Still the only triple A game. wtf is happening vrbros

Attached: alyx.jpg (616x353, 46.93K)

>spend hours whining about how shit the video game industry is and how AAA studios produce nothing but garbage
>whine about VR not having any AAA titles
Any Forums has no idea what they want

the bar for AAA quality on VR is so low

I only play Alyx for Gunman contracts

Every other established studio that makes a VR game completely fucks it up. It's incredible.

It's the opposite, the bar is set so high by Alyx that no one wants to touch other attempts.

because vr still sucks

Perhaps people like VR and have hope that meaty and enjoyable experiences will be made for it

You play as a woman. It was a dud.

pcvr is dead. its up to sony who will fail then apple who will succeed

You can't talk sense to VR cucks. They don't comprehend that people fundamentally don't want to put plastic shit on their head and cut off any spatial awareness or hell even just the ability to look at their phone. But prepare to get a bunch of cope and seethe from their Moby looking asses. Some people are just born marks, and that is the entirety of the VR playerbase.

Attached: 1659057323087623.png (330x290, 7.61K)

Pavlov VR is at least AA.

As if Apple will bother with this niche shit when they can make Apple x Hermes AR sunglasses

i use my VR for dcs, currently learning the tomcat, shit is cash

Looks like shit. Guns feel like plastic. Recoil is beyond retarded

play flatscreen VR ports like Elite Dangerous, Minecraft, Subnautic

thats not Heat

>the ability to look at their phone
Youve literally never worn a headset

RE7 and Village are on VR.
Even the PC mods actually play better than the official PS release.

Attached: b009127e62f02012e12c249e550ad901.jpg (720x724, 86.09K)

Mind-scanner would make an excellent VR game.
You hunt down people for the state and hook them up to all sort of weird devices and cure them or brainwash them or mind wipe them. you could also peer into their thoughts, in vr. They could have a lot of fun with this theme. It would be the greatest VR game ever made.

Attached: mindscanners.jpg (616x353, 84.87K)

You really don't need AAA for that though.
>Boneworks
>Saints & Sinners
>Into the Radius
>Pavlov
These are just some of the more well known ones, and two of them are getting full-size sequels.

You get motion sick, don't you user?

People are pretty constantly edged by companies saying they're releasing a new headset "soon", so it feels like a mistake to cash in on an Index or selling one's souls to Zuckerberg just yet.

It's a big catch-22. Not enough players for devs to make games for and not enough games for players to buy VR for.

Can you play alyx without vr glasses?

I couldn't get into it. I first played boneworks so when I went into pavlov its like there was a different button for each section of the gun I had to interact with.

The main issue is 95% of the VR games are just shitty dead multiplayer vs or horde shootems. The fact there isn't a good high quality co-op tac-shooter or something is insane. Zero Caliber, Pavlov, Tales of Glory 2, Contractors, all have the good mechanics for a shooter, but it's all VS garbage or just very bland and not fleshed out enough for it to matter.

The Cope
The Seethe

Attached: 1650725236480.png (753x737, 1.31M)

>You really don't need AAA for that though.
Agreed, there are a lot of fun VR titles. I still understand why someone would want a more detailed experience with more art assets and other accoutrements.

Sony are the only ones who can take it forward because they can price PSVR2 low enough to compete with Quest 2 (not $1000 like the Index) and also make the investment into games. If they don't get it right this time VR is dead for years until the tech has moved on

Attached: horizon-call-of-the-mountain-psvr2-1654267153941.jpg (2700x2700, 1.95M)

AAA games are focused entirely on profit. The cost of entry is too high for VR and the playerbase is too low for them when they can just pump out some more ass creed on consoles. Valve did it because they actually have their own headset.

VR is a fad.

Payday 2's VR mode is surprisingly good

kek

How is Resident Evil 7 VR? I have the game and am currently playing through it, but am thinking about doing a VR playthrough when I'm done. How is the interactivity? Can you manually reload your guns?

It's a flop so far. Quest 2 was sold at a loss and only 14.8 million sold

Attached: IDC-Quest-2.jpg (1280x720, 92.75K)

It's only been 10 years and VR has become a multi-billion dollar industry. When does the fad end?

Idc must stand for the reaction most people have when it comes to VR.

Attached: Naamloos-2.jpg (600x600, 34.54K)

No one wants to sell their souls to the Zucc.

Yes, but you are not really playing the same game, it would be like going on a rollercoaster vs watching one on your phone. You will never feel afraid of Jeff.