Now that Digimon Survive released and flopped hard can Digimon just fucking die? It's not th 90s anymore...

Now that Digimon Survive released and flopped hard can Digimon just fucking die? It's not th 90s anymore, nobody cares about this shitty Pokemon clone.

Attached: digimon-survive-month-1-edition-month-1-edition-pc-game-steam-cover.jpg (616x353, 185.43K)

>Pokemon clone
Digimon came first though

>sells 1 trillion+ copies
>flop
Sure it did sweaty

No it didn't, stop spreading this stupid meme. The first Pokemon game released in 96 and the first Digimon v-pet didn't release until over a year later in 97.

Pokemon and digimon where a thing before they had any games retard.

Thaaaaaat's not true

Not to mention shitkemon was already a (shit) clone of SMT, Tamogatchi, and Robotrek.

This. Pokemon was always a ripoff

How is it? I was thinking of getting this after Xenoblade 3, also any rpg releasing this month is like suicide

Read a book instead.

Pokemon AND digimon were a thing before the games?
False.
Pokemon OR digmon was a thing before the games?
True.
I'll let you figure out which one, retard.

Its a visual novel, if thats what you are into it might be your thing, if not well you will not enjoy it since its like 80% text and 20% gameplay

I understand you're still mad about this. But don't whine that a digimon game seems to be doing pretty well.

Attached: wargreymonvscharizard.png (894x474, 955.17K)

A visual novel

is the game any good?
how is the gameplay?
how many digimon in it?

See you in a few years when the next Digimon Story comes out

>seems to be doing pretty well.
lol

Attached: Untitled.png (668x337, 60.41K)

>is the game any good?
its a visual novel
>how is the gameplay?
its a visual novel
>how many digimon in it?

Digimon hasn't tried to be a pokemon clone for years. Even the anime is all about interpersonal young adult relationships drama

Attached: B11D81AE-9CCC-4142-9E41-9E5C4AEA6DE7.jpg (291x379, 75.77K)

Digimon Survive is the first game to release in the past 6 years that I have actually enjoyed.

I am very pleased with my purchase.

Attached: right.jpg (536x714, 80.96K)

It was never a Pokemon clone to begin with. The original V-Pet was "Tamagotchi but they fight" and the show was always about them forming bonds with each other and their Digimon partners so they can mature as individuals.

The only thing they had in common was "Children's franchise with Monsters that grow into different forms and fight each other"

okay here's the REAL fucking problem. by itself, survive is whatever. the problem is there's NOTHING ELSE. digimon has no good mainline series that continues like pokemon or monster hunter bi-yearly or something. Survive could be a neat side game, but it's literally the ONLY digimon game to release in x years. thats the fucking problem.

We wait all this fucking time since hackers memory, and all we get is an average visual novel with 10% gameplay that you can turn autobattle on and win most engagements, if not all even on hard. this is why the series is a joke. yah yah their working on a story game but they need to make absolute fucking sure they make a formula they can reuse and just add more digimon onto or create new areas to explore/characters/plot to have. that's all. and not cheap out like hackers memory ffs, barley adding new mons and 90% of the stages are the exact ones from cybersluts

Can you play it on a newer console, or just PS4/XBONE?

The problem is that Survive WAS meant to be a side game. It was delayed multiple times.

I mean, there was cyber sluts. They were absolute garbage too, but they tried.
Okay they didn't actually try so much as kind of threw some poorly written garbage together with coomer art style in hopes it would stick and added Persona flavour to it, but still...

I liked Cybersluts, I like visusl novels too but I can not shill out 50 euros for this. Maybe at a sale later

Was does pokemon always make digimon fans angry?
You seriously have to move on, it's been 20 fucking years, they're their own things, nobody cares about the rivalry anymore.

>They were absolute garbage too
(You)

Digimon is a niche series. Or at least compared to all the other stuff bamco has going on.
That survive even exists and got finished after any amount of development troubles is kind of incredible.

I'd like more digimon stuff too but I think I'd rather have occasional stuff that's all pretty different like we do now than just new iterations of one core thing like pokemon/MH.
Sure it could all be better but I like all of Story/World and now Survive fine.