Why do so many companies make bad games instead of making good games...

Why do so many companies make bad games instead of making good games? Seems to me that making good games would be better for sales and review scores. Making bad games doesn't really seem like a good idea to me.

Attached: 1596756761805.jpg (275x275, 18.01K)

elden ring

They don't make games/movies/shows with the intention of profit, but rather to push their propaganda. That's all that matters to them. They have infinite money and the ability to CREATE more out of thin air. The enemy is lucifer, and 99% of the world is controlled by him.

Many gamers actually prefer bad games! Didn't you notice how many bad games are super popular?

>Seems to me that making good games would be better for sales and review scores
not true shit sells good games sell poorly only to later be considered le "hidden gem" by re*ddit faggots and zoomer hype dip shits

Are they actually bad, or just not for you?

probably because gaming is a business. they tend to chase trends like they do the stock market rather than trying to create a new product.
a lot of investors are there for short term gains too.

Attached: [SubsPlease] Blue Reflection Ray - 11v2 (1080p) [48533A58].mkv-00.15.46.195-#1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.1M)

Gotham Knights is objectively worse than the Batman Arkham games in every regard

>Why is this thing bad?
The answer is always marketing.
How do you get people to buy a minimum viable product and then spend 60$ more on it? Marketing.
How do you get people to buy a game months before they can play it despite there being no scarcity? Marketing.
How do you get people to buy a sequel to a franchise despite having killed the original devs? Marketing.
How do you sell a sequel that has fewer features and is graphically less impressive than its predecessors? Marketing.

The only game I bought this year was Elden Ring. I havent played a single other game

>redditjak
Kill yourself

Attached: thecancerkilling4chanandtheentireinternet.jpg (1567x840, 575.73K)

>He bought an open world game
They're just a marketing feedback loop of getting the playerbased more hyped for irrelevant features while stripping the game down to reduce testing permutations.

Attached: Figurative Controls Example - 'Combos'.png (500x804, 29.91K)

too many women and diversity hires

Call of Duty approximately hasn't learned to make a quality map since 5.

Linear games are surpassed by properly designed open world.

ok? But I still only bought 1 video game and played through it once and never touched it since then. There are zero other games this year I intend to buy at all as they all look bad.

Seems like a lot of money dumped into marketing when you could have built a good game for cheaper.

How would people find out about your "good game" without marketing?

because for whatever reason, devs would rather listen to the 1% of RedditEra sjws instead of the 99% of gamers who just want fun apolitical games

depends of what you consider good.
I'm pretty sure most people consider that games you consider bad are good.
I have some friends like that and exceot for few niche games ,they've always loved games they played.

I'm not sure how serious you are but unironically:
>marketing can make a huge amount of people want to play a game if it looks like it wouldn't be horrible to them
>therefore, making a game that just barely appeals to a huge amount of people and marketing the fuck out of it is more profitable than making a game that is actually good