Holy shit, this is so underrated now it hurts. i love it

holy shit, this is so underrated now it hurts. i love it.

Attached: vidja.png (272x205, 117.73K)

gotta go fast fags ruined it

It's pretty well loved and some people like it more than Diablo 2 for its focused adventure into the depths.

What do you guys think about the Belzebub mod?
I love how restores a shitton of cut quests, making the story more interesting, but the downside is that it turns the game into D2

I said it before and I'll say it again. Diablo 1 is a much more solid, functional "game" than Diablo 2 onwards. I understand the pivot towards how Diablo 2 turned out, but it's an evil I wish we could have put back in Pandora's Box. The turn towards grinding and constant loot hunting is an easy and cheap way to create player engagement, but it's a very hollow experience. Diablo 1 is a game that I can play very intensely for a week and then beat it and put down for the rest of the year, which is a more satisfying experience.

It's also spookier.

Attached: 1555367223059.jpg (2048x1366, 475.03K)

definitive way to play it

>I love how restores a shitton of cut quests, making the story more interesting, but the downside is that it turns the game into D2

Exactly. The enemy stats are WAY overtuned. I remember fighting Hephesto at the Anvil of Fury and he was regening faster than I could even damage him. Had to go back and grind for hours just to get the numbers to fight him. It's one thing to have The Butcher, but to have The Butcher 4 or 5 times during the game where all you are doing is going back to safely farm previous areas is really bad design. I wish there was a mod that just adds back in the cut quests, but doesn't overtweak the enemy HP and damage quite so much.

>but the downside is that it turns the game into D2
How does that happen?

I really love this game
It's so simple, but still engaging.
And the atmosphere, music, dialogs are still great

Never played the add-on, heard mixed opinions about it

Hellfire is really bad because it's just so amateur. None of the art or sound assets match the original game and the new quests and zones aren't interesting and don't make sense with like the layout of Tristram. I'm curious what the original design doc was.

i can play Diablo 2 very intensely for a month. it has more content, it's more game.

one of the games

Yeah, that's too bad
Would love a more faithful expansion

>getting carpal tunnel syndrome: the game
whoa
what a masterpiece

The D2 is about grind meme only exists in your head you retard, grinding is something you do when you're done with the game but still want to play it, you grind in D2 when you've already finished it in at least 2 difficulties. And even then you would do that only with a few classes if you got unlucky.

This is such a moronic post.

>Finished The Butcher, Poisoned Water Supply, Ogden's Sign, Magic Rock and Arkaine's Valor
>Still one hitting chumps with Firebolt
>Mana Shield
Find a flaw

Attached: Dx Screenshot 2022.08.02.png (1920x1080, 2.07M)

ZzzZzzzZzz

>Sorcerer
>Boring

Attached: 9.jpg (1279x678, 68.22K)

same, qol is amazing but resetting everything when you quit and all the powercreep kills it for me

You're not getting far into Hell as a barbarian unless you try to grind some decent equipment.

It's absolute garbage, it completely changes and powercreeps the game. It has a lot of good ideas but it's all wasted on "we want the path of exile audience" autism.

Which why I said
>2 difficulties
>few class

Building characters and optimizing builds is fun and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

>Ranger
>Click on enemies to make them die from a distance
>Warrior
>Click on enemies to make them die up close
In comparison, the sorcerer is by far the most interesting way to play this game.

>Click on enemies to make them die from a distance
Wrong.
>Line yourself up to kill enemies that are off screen
Big difference.

>Rogue
*TWANGTWANGTWANGTWANGTWANGTWANG*
>Warrior
*SWISHUGHSWISHAGHTINGUGHUGHSWISHAGH*
>Sorcerer
*NOT ENOUGH MANA*

The issue is that in D2, Normal is a cakewalk, Nightmare is an actual game, and Hell is grind autism.

What I like about Diablo 1 is that it isn't afraid to introduce enemies who are immune to types of damage by the time you get to the catacombs. You have to be ready to switch up your playstyle and stay flexible. Even a warrior should be carrying a staff, a bow, or both. Or a Sorcerer may go with a sword and shield. You have to manage enemies in real time since getting stunlocked is a very real danger throughout the game. Ranged enemies will kite you into crossfire and Hell Knights will not hesitate to charge and fuck up your day.

Diablo 2 has way more enemies at a given time, but they are also a lot less dangerous individually. You basically just have to nuke everyone down with your AoE and then move on. I do love Diablo 2's Necromancer, but I really think it dropped the ball by making every character very rigid in their class type. You can argue that there are a few token skills like Dual Throw for the Barbarian to get them to branch out, but you'll never match someone who is pumping synergies for one all purpose right click. The slow and steady bloat of class specific items really sealed everyone's fate. And while there are a few sets and uniques that provide their own abilities, you get them far too late in the game for them to be worth anything.

underrated? It was one of the most popular games at the time and one of the very few I wanted to buy original so I could play online. One of the first multiplayer experiences, too. The community was horrendous, full of cheaters, dupers and cheap shit like that. that is, until they patched a few stuff. Still, having a couple of friends to play with it for hours on end was amazing. Hell, even the single player was fun.
Diablo 2 just didn't feel right in comparison and I'm not even getting into discussing diablo 3

Underrated? Best of the series DESU.