If MultiVersus gets huge, will Smash be influenced next time? Would you want it to?

Attached: FYo7f_FUcAATEnX.jpg (680x411, 34.95K)

jesus christ multiversus is going to shift the overton window toward the right, toward casual and shallow gameplay.

>influenced
What actually new to the genre, user?

characters non-weebs actually give a fuck about :)

Nothing. People aren't playing Multiversus for the "unique" gameplay.

Nintendo doesn't care about western trash.

Smash Bros is no stranger to removing mechanics and depth, something Multiversus is crazy for.

>Smashfags now care about gameplay.

Im just asking OP, how could new games in this genre be influenced from this game.

I unironically think most of Multiversus's success can be attributed to this box art. It's so simple, but having Shaggy and Batman as the focus with their weapon's swapped is just so eye catching.

Attached: magic.jpg (616x353, 123.85K)

>Smash Brothers Switch sold 18 million unitrs
>Thats 50 bucks * 18 million
>Not counting in all the DLC
>Thats around 900 million dollars with Smash how it currently is

Do anybody really believe that this shit game will influence the current king of fighting games?
Anybody?
Congratulations you ar a fucking idiot

Not Smash itself I don't think but you can bet your ass a lot of FG developers are looking at this F2P entry's blossoming success very closely.

It's near 30 millions at 60 bucks, even

Technically? There is no reason that they would care, even if the game is successful.
In practice, that might be the case if Nintendo cares about its competitive scene, to some extent. They are not here yet, but they did some steps toward it with Ultimate, so who knows.

Nintendo will always sell their shit to their retarded but loyal fans, they got no reason to copy whatever Multiversus or any competitor is doing.
On the other hand, I'm glad Multiversus kept the smash inspiration to a minimum instead of trying to create Melee 2 like every other platform fighter.

Does it bring anything new to the table? Haven't tried it, I just kind of assumed from what I saw that it was a f2p microtransaction riddled clone focused on ranked competitive play

this is what gets nintendo to start releasing some games on PC, mark my words

New World and Lost Ark prove that a strong start means nothing. We shall see if Multiverse has the power to stick around.

>multiversus
why does this game look like shovelware?

I literally cant even look at it. Looks like someone just stringed a buch of free capeshit models together in 30 seconds.

Those are MMORPG though, and we all know that has been a dead genre for years now.

The game plays more like Melee, so if Smash actually copied it then it would ultimately be good.

Genshin copied BoTW and it generated like 10x more revenue overall so keep coping

Being designed around 2v2 allows for some interesting designs. Velma wouldn't really work in Smash as she as lower damage because she compensates by also giving her ally heals, making up the health difference of her "lost" damage. Also adding cool downs could have been a horrible idea but only a handful of moves have them and the CDs are implemented so that moves can exist that would otherwise be OP. Wonder Woman has a special move where she zooms to her teammate and gives them both a shield that cancels the next knockback they take. That would be broken as fuck in Smash if you could just spam it. I also expected it to be shovelware garbage because of f2p but instead I'm finding myself really liking it and admiring the polish. I don't think I've wished a f2p game as just a normal game before like I do with this game because the jewish monetizations on the cosmetics is literally the only big flaw.

Whoa, i guess fighting games is something more stable. It make millions of money, right?

People also got payed to play those games on release. I don't think the amount of shill viewers on twitch for multiversus even remotely compares. Every top streamer was playing New World on release even if it was in no way a typical game they would play. What a coincidence that it was made by the same meg-corp that owns twitch too! Giving nobodies like Sajam one sponsored early access stream is nothing by comparison.

I think it's because it has lots of good core features (great netcode, crossplay) and it's free. But I can't lie, the box art is full of SOUL.