This makes no fucking sense

This makes no fucking sense

Attached: 504[1].jpg (504x495, 52.64K)

Yes

Git gud

No

do you think we'll live long enough to see AI that can competently simulate dialogue within a fictional setting

>coming back in starfield
todd will deliver the ultimate Bethesda game

the results are already impressive with AI dungeon (pre patches)

implementing such things in video games is where it gets tricky
i think

Maybe, but we'd have to give up a lot of graphics so that we can use GPUs to power AI

Cause you're dumb

i'd settle for a return to morrowinds HTML spreadsheet dialogue and the extinction of dynamic physical simulation for a world that almost feels alive

Filtered

I think it's plausible in the next decade. As others have mentioned, AI will be the driving force behind it. Things like AI Dungeon and NovelAI prove that telling general fiction is possible, but remembering context gets difficult quickly. As AI and machine learning continue to improve, I see no reason why, for non-essential NPCs and quests, AI couldn't replace writers entirely. Think of Bethesda's "infinite quests" turned up to eleven. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but it's plausible sooner rather than later.

With cloud gaming there is literally no trade off. I don't like it, but that is how AI powered gaming is going to happen first.

Its not supposed to.

This and the lockpicking minigame were just fucking retarded

I hope not.
Except that internet sucks and its only getting worse

This minigame is easy as fuck, it's just boring and strangely abstract.

Its not about making sense , its about seeing the npcs having dpd and schizoids fits and laughing at them

i eventually realized that spamming auto pick and gambling my disposable lockpicks was the only fun way to open a door

It represents your character sussing out what sort of smooshing the NPC responds well to, that's why you have to do all of them.

>strangely abstract.
would you rather pipe-mania puzzles?

Yeah, yeah I get it!

player.additem 0000000f 99999
Spam bribe
????
Profit

>Level up by doing literally anything at any time ever
>Game becomes unplayably difficult due to the difficulty scaling
>Even optimally levelled characters will become obsolete by the endgame with enemies requiring sometimes literally hundreds of hits to kill with the most powerful weapons in the game and minmaxed stats
Oblivion will always have a special place in my heart but holy fuck I really wonder how so many of the game's mechanics made it into the final release

it was an overcorrection from morrowind's "pay to increase personality or don't use it" method.

Oblivion had a bribe limit, could only do it 5 times i believe and at lower levels that wouldn't be enough to bring you to the 70-80+ you need for quests

I don't know, Bethesda seems to get a pass for low quality games for some reason.

Fallout 3 has never been stable on any system ever, Fallout New Vegas has critical bugs in EVERY quest, Oblivion crashed my Xbox and my PC constantly and every mechanic is broken, and Skyrim had the worst movement and pathfinding I have ever seen, and I don't think it is possible to get it to run at 60 fps for more than 10 seconds. Morrowind ironically was their most polished game but even that had a lot of bugs.

Attached: Oblivion speech check.gif (285x242, 1.46M)