Rain World

wtf just happened

Attached: 20220801144146_1.jpg (1920x1080, 259.36K)

is this game worth playing if I'm not an autist and don't like hard games

I think you just posted unmarked spoilers, buddy.

Nobody knows about this boring ass slow game. Slowest slow that ever slowed. Who thought metroid would be better if it was the same scale but you're a slug. Take 2 hours to leave the first room

I've been playing for like a week and just beat it today and my conclusion is that the game isn't really that hard but you need patience and perseverance sometimes, movement feels sluggish at first but once you master it you can slide and glide across levels

It's okay, the game is like 5 years old and without knowing what happened before and what happens after this section it's not a big deal

Attached: 20220801095818_1.jpg (1920x1080, 353.21K)

I just got to Looks At Moon and now I'm stuck between her(it?) and the leeches.
I've been trying to avoid spoilers, but how do I get out of the leech area? I'm assuming I need to follow the little hologram guy still.

I found her first too on my playthrough but you need to go somewhere completely different and come back later, you'll know when. If you want to progress look for an entrance to the Shaded Citadel, you can get there from the Shoreline. Also you can grab the squids and hold on to them for super fast movement in the water.

Attached: 20220729161446_1.jpg (1920x1080, 162.05K)

I got to the shoreline through the shaded citadel actually where should i be trying to go in the shaded citadel? and should I not be following the yellow hologram thingy? pretty sure it was pointing me to Looks At Moon

I have no idea about the hologram that follows you, sometimes it helped me find food or items and supposedly it show you the next main objective but I dunno, I kinda ignored it since it seemed random. And yeah you must have missed it if you went through the Shaded Citadel already. When you're there your primary travel direction should be to your right, eventually you'll stumble across a LONG linear section with weird autistic robot birds, then you'll be on the right track.

Attached: 20220730210311_1.jpg (1920x1080, 84.54K)

thanks for the help.
Do the robot birds have spears? because I've seen some dudes that could possibly be described as bird dudes with spears. One of them was called a merchant but I had no idea how to trade with him

Nah those are scavengers, you'll know when you see those robot birds trust me, also I checked my map and when you're in the Shaded Citadel you'll first need to go DOWN into a section with those weird overgrown tentacle things that try to grab you, then you go right. Here's a tip about them: Just throw a spear at them and you can quickly run past them while they retreat for a moment. And also you can throw spears at walls to create climbing points, I think there's a spot where that's needed, unless you're really good at movement since there's a combo of moves that gives you a lot of vertical momentum.

how the fuck are you supposed to play the game? find food then make your way to the next sleeping cell, sleep and repeat? is there a way to disable the rain? playing on steam deck and mods on raindb don't seem to work, just messing with the text files

>is there a way to disable the rain?
Go above the clouds bro

Attached: 20220731210320_1.jpg (1920x1080, 210.35K)

>find food then make your way to the next sleeping cell, sleep and repeat?
kind of the point.

playing this game with my friends (who went in blind) was one of the most awesome experiences I had, it's so cool seeing them go from "this game is impossible" to hunting vultures for food

also this place is BRUTAL in multiplayer

Attached: the leg.jpg (1280x720, 55.04K)

you don't fucking know how to control your cat. only slow thing here is your learning capability

merchant guy is a scavenger. you trade with him by dropping pearls or other valuables such as spears bombs etc.

you could just play as the monk AKA easy mode

I thought they only accepted pearls, neat

>tfw playing as banana slug
>still feel like I'm doing shit

Attached: 1648244672068.jpg (420x801, 264.22K)

what are you having trouble with?
movement? enemies? finding your way?

For me the game is about balancing exploration and survival. Survival comes first, once you've met your basic needs and got familiar with an area's food supply and shelter locations you can start branching out and exploring where to go next. A big part of the game is building map knowledge, which is why subsequent playthroughs are way easier since you already roughly know where to go.