I am getting FILTERED from the first fucking area I went into. What the fuck...

I am getting FILTERED from the first fucking area I went into. What the fuck, I didn't expect the puzzles or the clues to be this hard, I feel like an absolute dumbass playing this.

Attached: La Mulana.jpg (1055x717, 262.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377234096
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just look up a guide if you're stuck. The game remains good afterwards.

Eh...It feels like connecting the clues and puzzles by yourself is part of the fun, maybe I just need to be patient and think things through.

It is, but not if you spend hours and hours slamming your head against a wall. Gotta know when to throw in that towel because what if you NEVER figure it out and just drop the game? I think that would be worse. In adventure games I give myself a twenty or thirty minute time limit to figure shit out if I'm stuck, then it's guide time. I'm not spending fucking days on this shit like I was able to when I was a child.

Don't look up a guide on the first area
Don't leave it until you find the holy grail
The game will easily take 200-300 hours if you go MOSTLY blind and still look up hints here and there
Take notes, the game won't remember anything for you

If I feel truly desperate maybe I'll look up a guide, but yeah, your point sorta make sense
>The game will easily take 200-300 hours if you go MOSTLY blind and still look up hints here and there
holy shit that fucking long? I picked the wrong game to plan on finishing before starting work, I thought this was like 20-40 hours like most metroidvanias
>Take notes, the game won't remember anything for you
will do, thanks anons.

Attached: 1494127522041.png (800x1347, 1.04M)

I may have exaggerated, but it can honestly take fucking forever if you refuse to look up a guide and go through all areas looking for a clue. I don't think anyone will do that in this day and age though, so maybe 80-100 hours is a better estimate for someone who will look up a guide whenever he makes no progress for half an hour. I think it'll be far longer than 20-40 hours if you don't rigorously use a guide.
Anyway, if you ever really need a guide, I would really suggest this hint based guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377234096
Being led in the right direction is much better than someone outright telling you the answer imo

Thanks for the link! Yeah I'll try not to overuse it too much and try figuring things out, but if I feel too frustrated I'll look at the guide.

Attached: 1448849440148.png (510x524, 221.75K)

this is something I was thinking about, in particular with an indy game, it's a psychic test basically it's all meta, in video games in general as well those hidden areas and traps won't jsut reveal themselves

you're going to have to take notes and screenshots.

I mean that like as an adventurer doing archeology or anything you have to be gifted or you're just another pile of bones, brutal yet tru

I was a dumbass and spoiled myself for the first game. For the second game I drew maps and wrote down every clue, when I went to bed I looked through my notes and could usually come up with a solution for a puzzle I missed or was stuck on.

REMINDER THAT IF YOU READ THE WRONG PILLAR AT THE BEGINNING AREA YOU LOCK YOURSELF INTO HARD MODE AND THE GAME DOESN'T EVEN TELL YOU

Yeah, this is pretty much an Indiana Jones game so if you're not an archeologist super star then problems will arise
I'm starting to do that yeah. Might make a google doc with all my screenshots attached to it
Yeah i don't wanna spoil myself if given the chance. feel like it's a cheap way to win for this kind of game.
...There's a hard mode?

Hard Mode is a mode in La-Mulana that makes the game more difficult. It is possible to be activated by accident, and can not be reversed except by loading an older save file or starting a new game.

This is what onenote is good for if you have it.

Okay yeah no, I'll need to double check and see if I did that or not.
I do have onenote actually, that's good too. can have separate tabs for each area.

Did you read a tablet that tells you to not read it again?
It's not lying.

Purposely reading the pillars is one of the first things I do. The game is hard after doing this, but not so hard it becomes unplayable. Knowing that there’s an untapped level of challenge and that I’m just passing by it would ruin the game for me.

Oh shit, yeah I did, and then I saw three skulls. Guess I'll need to restart.

Attached: 1622695036519.png (702x702, 899.39K)

Nahhhh. Just play on hardmode senpai. You can handle it.

Okay I just want to know, does it make the puzzles or clues harder or is it just enemies?

Harder bosses, harder and more enemies

Don't do it. The fireballs also explode faster and you'll fall in the lava and die a million times.

I’ve gone through it twice now and while it does piss me off sometimes, there is a noticeable difference between hard and normal. I wouldn’t play it any other way though, myself.

>Getting fucked by puzzles AND harder enemies
Cool...

Thanks anons for all the advice. Gonna bail for now but I do appreciate the tips and everything. Take care.

Attached: 1562685941510.png (663x579, 682.45K)

You didn't beat the game.

Just reload an old save retard

The Wii version only had 3 saves and I made it near the end of the game before knowing there was an easier mode to play. Why do you idiots always say dumb shit here