What RPG/JRPG/MMO has the best fishing side-content/minigame? Bonus if it has a relaxing atmosphere

What RPG/JRPG/MMO has the best fishing side-content/minigame? Bonus if it has a relaxing atmosphere.

Attached: azsuna-farondale-spot.jpg (660x330, 49.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JjryOjCr6IM
youtube.com/watch?v=We3YEBkByPc
youtu.be/3ECKl7L71sE
youtube.com/watch?v=i7LX8tPyMik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Would be nice if MMOs kept track of some of the fish you caught. Like the record size of each type, etc.

if you don't care about graphics then star wars galaxies has comfy crafting in general with fishing because the resources shift in strength in crafts and whatever you craft or cook has different buffs, which makes it fun

FFXIV does that

The more 2000s PS2-tier graphics the better
youtube.com/watch?v=JjryOjCr6IM
That aesthetic feels more comfier for some reason

gw2 youtube.com/watch?v=We3YEBkByPc

Dark Cloud 2 and Digimon World 1.

Dark Cloud 2 probably has the most mechanically satisfying fishing

Step aside, peasants

Attached: 20-Breath_of_Fire_IV_00249.jpg (640x480, 40.01K)

I didn't know fishing was added to GW2, too bad it's tied to the expansion

Runescape

Not wow for sure lol

it might not be the best but i really enjoyed ffxv's fishing
the entire game was like a camping trip

Attached: boss fish.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

I like Terraria fishing. I like building fishing spots in different biomes. It's mechanically trivial and grindy though, like most fishing.

What is dis game?

Zelda Link's Awakening
youtu.be/3ECKl7L71sE

ffxiv has a decent fishing system, but if you got after the big fish or try to get the blue fish from ocean fishing it's just RNG hell that will make you mad

ffxiv has this system in the game, goes up to triple S i think, and there is like 8 different types or more of surface fishing and spearfishing as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=i7LX8tPyMik
I quite liked the fishing in Warframe

I wasn't too impressed with GW2 fishing, and then I found out they made the fish worth money and its actually profitable to do. Found out there are tons of fishing party boats just grouping up and running around while all shouting about what time of day and what body of water they're looking for while comparing catches and otherwise just having fun as a group.

Is fishing that social in any other game? Most every other RPG/MMO I've seen Fishing is pretty much a solo activity where you might end up next to someone and chat sometimes. GW2 actually hands out bonuses to fishing for being in a group and makes sailing around with fishing into a big thing.

Imagine fishing in an MMO where you're basically running a commercial fishing boat that needs at least a handful of players to operate efficiently, casting big nets, catching truly massive game, and always potentially under threat of a fucking Kraken latching on and you gotta fight it before it capsizes you.