Late night shmup thread?

Late night shmup thread?

Attached: 1658965032819501.jpg (1958x1024, 967.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lU2MAj_fpJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I tried to get into so many of these and yet in the end I just kept defaulting back to touhou. Touhou really is the perfect shmup series.

u not unlocked yet

That's a lot of low budget jrpg

>calls shmups jarpigs
Sure, and Tetris is a metroidvania.
Go play Mars Matrix.

Dragon Blaze is pretty damn good.
Undead Skeleton Dragon is the shit.

Attached: DRAGON BLAZE.jpg (739x415, 59.09K)

Why are you black?

Herro niggur-chan!

Herro

Attached: evaccaneer doom.png (752x1003, 91.05K)

I played mars matrix for about 15 minutes and called it quits. Sorry, but it's no Perfect Cherry Blossom.

>Sorry, but it's no Perfect Cherry Blossom.
Exactly. It's better. I'll agree that PCB's soundtrack is superior, though.

>See no mention of Ikaruga in any shmup or bullet hell threads
>Filled with sadness and disgust

Anons, who here has played Ikaruga with a buddy and rocked the fuck out of that game?

Also the track in it, Bustutekkai (sp) is sick.

It's more of a puzzle game, but it's fun. I've bought it five times (physically on Dreamcast and Gamecube, then digitally on Steam, PS4, and Switch), clocked a good 120+ hours into it, 1CC'd it a few times. The whole soundtrack was sick, Hiroshi Iuchi did an amazing job. He also directed the game and programmed the level layouts, which is why each segment of each stage has perfectly-fitting music.

I () should also mention, co-op is the only way I can really have fun with the game anymore. Just having fun blowing things up with a bro, throwing chaining out the window since a second player kinda negates it unless they really know what they're doing.

Attached: best Ikaruga fanart ever.jpg (380x644, 38.45K)

I just got the Aleste Collection recently, overall Aleste 3 is really fun.

I liked it aside from the gimmicks, e.g. that one boss that slowed your movement. GG Aleste 1 is still my favorite one on the collection. (though Robo and MUSHA are my favorites overall, and it's a shame that neither of them were included)

I keep wanting to get into shmups and bullet hells but they just annoy me
>cave is shit outside akai katana
>taito games are way too unrefined and have autism like 'better not grab every medal because fuck you" in darius
>g. rev games so far are the only ones I find fun
>doujin shmups and indies don't have that polish

Play the Psyvariar games.
Also, as far as indies go, play Samidare. It's short but sweet, with a great and lengthy extra stage if you can 1CC the normal mode.

Attached: Psyvariar 2 - Yuhei.jpg (478x640, 54.04K)

>akai katana
I have never heard anyone talk about this game. Even guwange gets more mentions

that's cause akai katana is for real niggas

>cave is shit outside akai katana
What about Espgaluda and Dangun Feveron?

Attached: 3477495.jpg (600x833, 764.42K)

>galuda
Could never into its weird systems
>feveron
That one is also pretty fun

>Could never into its weird systems
To each their own, I guess. I enjoyed the more free-form methods that the kakusei system allowed. While there are some "one true route" bits, for the most part you can throw your own routing at the wall and see what sticks. That and the soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=lU2MAj_fpJ0

Attached: puppets.jpg (288x400, 48.78K)