What went wrong Any Forums bros?

What went wrong Any Forums bros?

Attached: TOW_EGS_PortraitProductImage_1200x1600-1200x1600-cf974f29088af4a870970a09371a404a.jpg (1200x1600, 201.14K)

>the outer reddit

>shit gameplay
>shit writing
>shit exploration
>ugly ass art
>we want to be FO:NV in space but have none of the qualities of New Vegas

Trannies, as usual

It's an aggressively mediocre game that takes to lecture you at all times

boring

Didn't Tim Cain and Boyarksy work on this game? Was it a back 4 blood situation where they get a lot of credit, but when the game came out people realized they didn't do shit for the Fallout series?

It's not really impressive is it? I was thinking of downloading the 200 New Vegas mods and playing that again instead.

Is this a meme game? I saw gameplay and it looked incredibly meh, but people rare about it being what No Man's Sky should have been or some shit. I really have no fucking clue what this game is about.

tim cain is washed up. he's not the same guy who made fallout 1

>aggressive weapon degradation pulling resources from aggressively boring and clinical weapon mods on a total of objective best ending exists invalidating personal judgement calls and making all rp dramatic irony at best

It's a classic Obsidian game user
You should know by now that anything they put out is trash

Too much stuff in the game that looks neat but isn't interactive, that's why I dropped it almost immediately.

Not even one good redeeming quality about the game.

It is just an ultra mid WRPG. I am pretty sure the people who like this game are all hardcore psychotic bethesda haters.

I was hyped for this game and I tried so fucking hard to like this game, and I even played it twice. The game is inferior to fallout 4 no matter how I look at it.

Either you're getting this game confused with Starfield or you've been to some bizarre corners of the internet.

What else can you expect from the makers of the dullest RPG of all time? Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: 1536878280552.jpg (489x622, 93.46K)

They let asexual lesbians write the game.

i want to know why professionals make ugly characters. you have the skill to make anything you want. you are making fantasy so you arent restricted to replicating. all this and you choose to make the ugliest humans possible.

The devs being enamoured with themselves and their creations while unwittingly exposing their modest talent level. I actively think less of every writer who contributed to the project.

I'd bet a big sum that their role was mostly nominal and their biggest contribution was their PR value. But that was obvious ever since the first, rather dishonest trailer.

Attached: Outer Worlds 5Yes Dialogue.jpg (1920x1080, 1.44M)

SEX WITH ELLIE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

They were making a game where society was stuck in the GIlded Age despite having space rockets, not an escapist fantasy.