How is it possible for a studio to have such inconsistent quality?

How is it possible for a studio to have such inconsistent quality?

Attached: nier-automata-2017213162735_1.jpg (640x360, 34.19K)

I dunno man, they've been consistently shit for a while now.

platinum needs a creative head to direct them, left to their own devices they just produce shit.

>Drakengard: extremely jank and rough, but decent story
>Nier: a bit jank and rough, but decent story
>Nier Automata: slightly jank, but decent story

Doesn't seem too inconsistent. Their games are always a little wonky in how everything is presented and often times with the combat. Nier Automata was a big improvement though since Platinum games hopped on to help out.

I'd say they've just improved over time. If they drop Platinum in the future though, I have no doubt the quality will dip back down into jank.

quality is consistently shit but some games have waifus and some games dont so the ones without waifus appear to be worse

drakengard and nier gestalt /eplicant we're not made by platinum

Platinum, Square, or Taro?

Platinum has no money but had help for Automata
Square can't manage projects but make amazing games when they actually want to
Taro is unlucky

OP posted Nier Automata which wasn't exclusively made by Platinum, so I assumed they were talking about the devs behind the Nier series.

Hey whatever happened to that room thingy people posted about. It just disappeared one day.

There are no 'devs behind the nier series'. Only thing they had in common is the director and the music composer.

he said
>Doesn't seem too inconsistent. Their games are always a little wonky
and op's thread is about platinum, pretty much implies that user thought platinum was responsible for drakengard and nier
> I assumed they were talking about the devs behind the Nier series.
you mean yoko taro? there is no dev team

turned out to be self-felating modders

nier automata has an absolutely dogshit story, it's literally high school philosophy tier

That already puts it above any game ever made by Americans.

That's the norm for Japanese media. Anytime they try to make something deep and thought-provoking, it just falls completely flat save for a few exceptions.

Do you even understand Automata?
Because I've seen people pull the whole "it's entry-level philosophy" argument before and 9 out of 10 times the actual point and themes of the story flew completely over their heads.
>inb4 it's so simple lol it's androids fighting against robots get it?

>You just don't GET it, bro!

Attached: 1656301245797.jpg (800x450, 53.68K)

Is this thread about Platinum or Square? Both are ridiculously inconsistent.

/thread
Platinum has only churned out shitty, art gayms since their first one

Yes. All the people I have seen so far who did get Automata loved it.

lmao someone post that screenshot of the redditor saying how automata saved his life