I'm really fucking tired of the game industry's stagnation...

I'm really fucking tired of the game industry's stagnation, everyone seems to love to pretend we've hit all the plateaus and there's nothing else that can be done except iterate on the few concepts we have, that were "perfected" on the fucking PS3 and X360

ITT post game mechanics and genre ideas that no one even tried, the shorter the description the better

Attached: 92834.png (621x470, 421.75K)

Fun

why are these "the game industry is dying" threads suddenly appearing? Did I miss some big news?

Who said it's dying

All the good ideas have been used yet. Every post in this thread will be an idea that sounds good on the user's head but it would be boring or unfun on an actual game.

*all the easy ideas have been used

An open world game like GTA but with fully destructible environments sounds like a no-brainer, but no one has the balls to tackle it, especially when prettier graphics result in higher ROI and aren't nearly as risky

>An open world game like GTA but with fully destructible environments sounds like a no-brainer
Mercenaries

>Destroys every building
>Gets bored because there is nothing else to do besides looking at the cute rubble
That's what I'm talking about.

Isn't one of the Red Faction games literally that?

a beat em up with completely physics based combat, active ragdolls, and destructible environments.
i thought this game would have been made by 2008 i am not even kidding but here we fucking are

Attached: uhear.png (1013x496, 273.74K)

How the hell is Mercenaries supposed to be like GTA in any way

MMO anthill colony sim

we have 100% hit a plateau technologically
by the late ps3 era (specifically mgs4) we had already reached a high enough level of graphics where pushing more can make the games worse rather than better
4k monitors have been a disaster for the gaming industry, and i don't know if we will ever recover

Do you really need ideas that "no one" tried? I think ideas that have not been overdone would be sufficient.
The kind of RTS/FPS hybrid gameplay seen in Battlezone (1998) has been done like 2 or 3 times ever. Nobody can seriously think Battlezone or any other game perfected the genre. There's room for more.

>industry stagnation
Can't say that when star field is right around the corner

Gotta have someone buy all guides, discord, youtube, twitch and kill them.

Starfield innovates, what exactly?

/thread

>insect MMO
>subscription to play most races
>ants are F2P niggers

Attached: mao consider the following.jpg (1641x1080, 681.64K)

He said stagnating. Not dying. The game industry is in no danger of dying because people love to eat garbage, which it is fortunate since garbage is mostly what the industry produces now.

>Destroys every building
>Gets bored because there is nothing else to do besides looking at the cute rubble
Wow your implementation of the idea sounds really boring, mine is thankfully much better

>we have 100% hit a plateau technologically
No we haven't lol