HEADPHONES vs SURROUND SOUND for gaming

HEADPHONES vs SURROUND SOUND for gaming
Which is better?

Attached: 1056px-5-1-surround-sound.svg_-1024x873.png (1024x873, 122.41K)

Stereo headphones with virtual surround if you have ears that work correctly.

>virtual surround
do i need any specific program to set this up?

I like being able to hear what else is going on in my house or surroundings. Noise cancelling headphones make me claustrophobic

Attached: I+searched+for+kid+pepe+child+pepe+little+pepe+dont+_8771c9bfd90d4bbf766fa8c4a05abe39.jpg (657x527, 56.11K)

On PS5 it's built in and on xbox you have the Dolby Atmos for Headphone.
Won't work well on older games that doesn't have an object-based spatialization though.

How about some damn good stereo speakers ?

Attached: 20220731_150742.jpg (1129x635, 491.54K)

All the sound will just come to you in one direction

>Play a game that is praised for the music or voice acting
>Always mute all games and play my own music instead.

Some games have it by default, there there are plenty of softwares that provide it as well. Dolby Atmos like one user said. Companies like Creative and Razer also have options available.
You don't need noise cancelling closed back headphones user. Open back headphones will sound better for virtual surround, your ears will be cooler, and you'll be able to hear what's going on around you IRL.

Why do zoomers do this?

ADHD is a hell of a curse

Sure. Maybe you should post an example, lol.

I hate you user. I love my speakers!
Don't you dare shit on them!

Attached: z-gundam-gundam-crying.webm (498x373, 2.92M)

really digging the ps5 virtual sound. It works pretty well.

I have a 1k 65inch tv, a 400€ yamaha reciever, a 500€ 5.1 setup hooked up to it.
And i have to use my headphones because my neighbours flip their shit whenever i use it.
Fuck living in a commieblock with paper thin walls.

I honestly dont know shit about speakers i just have an uncontrollable urge to shitpost
I wanna get a surround setup going eventually when I have the room for it and the budget to justify spending 100's on fucking sound.

whichever one I'm using at the time

Objectively headphones. Good ones, obviously. With speakers, the interference from the room (furniture, walls) and just outside noise can ruin good sound. Headphones are objectively better.

Because immersion in games is dead to zoomers. What we see as an experience, a journey, a story unfolding, zoomers just see as some time sink to waste their day with

Headphones are for teenagers. I have a 7.1 setup and plan on getting an atmos one.

>Open back headphones will sound better for virtual surround
Hmm. Subscribe me to your newsletter

Attached: mqdefault (5).jpg (320x180, 6.82K)

You have 2 ears so headphones.

How else do I listen to dubstep?

Explain how it works qrd?

>And i have to use my headphones because my neighbours flip their shit whenever i use it.
Fuck living in a commieblock with paper thin walls.
Surely you're alright you until 9-10pm user? You have rights and not like a little gaming sound will keep them up. That said I feel your pain, I have to use headphones from 10pm onwards just because my downstairs have a toddler. Annoying thing is the little shit wakes up all night anyway and I can't complain about his cries keeping me up.

Attached: images (34).jpg (225x225, 8.89K)

Unironically noise cancelling headphones allow me to perceive unusual sounds more clearly than wearing no headphones. Noise cancellation is only really good at removing ambient noise (fans, AC, whirring etc) and as a result I wind up eavesdropping in my noisy office when people think nobody will be able to hear them.

>Dolby Atmos for Headphone
You need to pay for it though, just like DTS Headphone:X
The free option is windows sonic, which works but it's somewhat wonky sometimes.

Excellent taste user, but why would you use these for videogames? I usually use these for music while I cook, or read, or have a single guest in 6 months over.

Which generation was it that used the OG Xbox to rip their own CDs to the HDD and play those songs in place of a game's soundtrack?

>edifier
god i hate them, i have their big battery headphones and the flimsy plastic is just broken on multiple places from just wearing it for 6 months

We never had good headphones back then unless you were a dj

High quality headphones have their place, but once you get a GOOD home theater system it blows everything away in terms of immersion. Surround sound stops being a stereo illusion and becomes a reality.
Also, headphones will never give you that chest thump that a good subwoofer will.

picrel

Attached: IMG_20220731_234946.jpg (3456x4608, 2.38M)