Games to Listen to Podcasts/Youtube Videos to

In short: what are some other games that are like Spelunky and as good as it? I'm essentially looking for easy to learn difficult to master roguelikes or similar games that you can play to keep your hands busy and your eyes entertained while you listen to something interesting and often educational. podcasts, lectures, whatever. so sound from the game will either be muted, or at least be minimal. something you can do for long periods of time while you listen to long form content that can be typically at least an hour long and often longer, or multiple 10-20+ minute videos in a row like when you go down a youtube rabbit hole? preferably something that uses a controller (i use an xbox 360 controller for windows), and games i can get through Steam.

Attached: gambling spelunky.jpg (1920x1080, 432.07K)

To put it another way: the main thing I'm interested in here is listening to this educational or at least informative content. But it can get boring as fuck just watching someone talk for long periods of time and under those circumstances I'd lose focus and feel like taking a nap. When I play something like Spelunky while I listen, though, it keeps my mind active and entertained, so I can listen to things for extended periods of time without any problems. With a good game like this I can spend 12+ hours a day easily, listening to all sorts of great content about topics I'm interested in. I'm just looking for more variety in which games I can play in this way. I've been trying Risk of Rain 2 currently but it so far seems too complicated to work, at least until I learned enough to get really good at it. It can't be a game that requires too much focus, or else I can't really pay attention to what I'm listening to. Spelunky hits that sweet spot for me, so it's not quite as simple as "lmao just play any given roguelike".

also Nuclear Throne is another good example of this, to give another game that works similar to Spelunky, if that helps narrow things down.

Terraria, Isaac, Slay the Spire

Euro/American Truck Simulator
Farm Simulator 22
FF14 profession grinding

Every game, if you're good enough at it. But yeah, roguelikes are the best for this. I mostly do it with Isaac, Dead Cells, and Spelunky.

Noita is perfect for this, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you hate yourself.

Attached: 1609460217065.webm (716x480, 2.64M)

easy gameplay in ff14 (dungeons, trials that you're accustomed to, pvp) have been good for this ive found

For me it's Tetris as I try to beat my own high score.

OSRS remains the best for this.
Card games are pretty good for podcasts as well, but OSRS you can watch television and still play it fine.
90% of the TV I have watched in my life has been on OSRS.

Spelunky beta had 100 times more soul. I hate the final art.

why did twigglesoft have to do it...

ARAM on League of Legends.
I say just mute everything except pings, have your video/podcast on in the background and you're good to go.

I put like 200 hours into Caves of Qud while stoned and listening to podcasts and documentaries. It's a mellow game cuz it's turnbased. There isn't much story or dialog that's necessary to pay attention to, just a lot of world building, so you don't gotta worry about missing something while listening to a podcast. Especially if you play certain kinds of characters. Like 120 hours was just me playing feral cannibal scorpion women that killed anything that moved. Another couple dozen was just proseletyzing packs of baboons and roaming around with warband of rock chucking monkeys. Most of my gametime I wasn't even doing anything related to the story. You can just fuck around and go whereever whenever even at the start.

The music is nice and not overbearing, and the sound design is like cute little blips and bloops. And it's a traditional roguelike, so the gameplay is just you sliding around bumping into stuff and pressing a couple hotkeys sometimes, though psykers are a bit more involved. Walling off some enemies with a barrier, then setting the area on fire is extremely satisfying and simple enough to execute once you've done it a couple times.

There's a mod that removes the limit on negative perks, highly recommend it if you like the game, some negative perks aren't that bad and imo are required for certain character styles. You can come up with some crazy shit when you got an extra 10-20 points.

The devs are total blue haired libtards though, so take from that what you will. It isn't really noticeable in the game, outside of a single story related NPC (it's an annoying and gaudily-colored bear person with a verbal tic, no one else talks or acts like her, not even the other bears) that I never encountered for dozens of hours. If you compliment her you get an achievement so watch the fuck out.

Risk of Rain 1 is better for podcasting listening I think cuz of it's 2D nature, 2 tends to make podcasts into background noise.

I think I've put over a hundred hours into Noita and I've never even gotten to the final boss. I just don't have the patience to spend 10-15 minutes at the start of every run wandering around for wands and orbs. And I'm not that creative or resourceful with making wands.

I miss when I had two monitors instead of a single giant one. The last time I ever really watched TV was playing WoW with a second monitor to watch Breaking Bad.

hey hey people man made a video on it, which made the libtard dev team pretty mad cuz it brought in a buncha rw incel chuds. One of the major factions are basically catholic templars that hate mutants. Devs were real mad that so many new players wanted to join them, cuz they're supposed to be like backwards inbred rednecks.

It doesn't even make sense though, cuz it's not too hard to make the templars friendly with you as a pure kin (non mutant) who start with a shitload of free rep with them. It's like they did it on purpose just to see who of their fanbase wouldn't mind wearing a red hat.

La-Mulana, very chill and easy game.

osrs, poe

>Risk of Rain 1 is better for podcasting listening I think cuz of it's 2D nature, 2 tends to make podcasts into background noise.

yeah, i've kinda started realizing this. guess i'll have to reinstall it and see how it goes.

Brigador isn't roguelike or anything, but it is a pretty great game with minimal dialog or story for podcasts.

Attached: ss_17842ce00ec6997e94699ee9a8eb08d1f7275111.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 994.96K)

could Hollow Knight be played this way?

I usually start my mornings playing Dorfromantik to Carl Benjamin