Soul Hackers 2 out in less than a month. Thoughts?

Soul Hackers 2 out in less than a month. Thoughts?

Attached: soul-hackers-2.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zs4kbYs9s4c
youtube.com/watch?v=_o87ywQWpms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

looks like persona and persona is for gay reddit trannies and women so I'm not interested. you asked me remember.

I like soul hackers 1
youtube.com/watch?v=zs4kbYs9s4c

Attached: soul hackers cosplay.jpg (2500x3333, 2.08M)

Hoping to finish Xenoblade Chronicles 3 before then, but I doubt that'll happen with my schedule.

More like Soulless Hacks 2

I haven't actually kept up with any information about it. How does it look in general? As long as it isn't like the Fire Emblem SMT game I'll probably play it

Attached: 1639125457878.png (353x451, 176.34K)

Honestly it looks a bit shit. I'm usually not as cynical as the average Any Forums poster but I really think the gameplay they've shown is uninspiring as fuck. It looks like a poor mans Persona 5
youtube.com/watch?v=_o87ywQWpms

It looks like ass and I don’t know why they’re dragging soul hackers into this when I have zero confidence it’s actually gonna have old school alignment restrictions and loyalty shenanigans. I actually greatly enjoyed SMTV despite its obvious weak points but I have absolutely zero faith in any post-Catherine Atlus projects (I like Catherine but not anything after it), so it not only being from a company I kinda despise nowadays but also looking like hot garbage is a huge turn off for obvious reasons. If it’s out for a month and actually looks great I’ll buy it, I’m not a stick in the mud or invested in my opinion, but I just have zero confidence it won’t suck.

Attached: 4C3434C1-A522-43F4-B962-6C0E0179CB3F.jpg (735x413, 27.97K)

bump

What's the point of even calling it Soul Hackers? From what I've seen it has absolutely nothing in common with the original game even ignoring the art style.

It looks more like persona-lite, if anything. It's a game a b-team who WANTED to make a Persona game made since they would never be given the rights to make any mainline one's. This is the same team who got Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and turned it into Persona Idols. They don't want to make an SMT game, they want to make a Persona one. They'll keep doing this with SMT titles until Atlus gives them one.

who is making it? some new director or the original team?

Atlus is trying to leverage Devil Summoner/Soul Hackers into being their third flagship next to SMT and Persona, hence why it's using something of a known quantity rather than an original IP.
It's also why everything about it basically looks like diet Persona, complete with the user interface.

The devs in an interview flat out said they wanted to make some changes to turn this into their own franchise. They didn't want to make a real Soul Hackers 2. >

Don't care, it's gonna have denuvo anyway.

it has Denuvo

Garbage style.Looks worse than Persona.

>Soul Lackers 2

It's pretty difficult to even call it a known quantity though, even among Atlus fans only a minority would know about the original game. "A brand new rpg franchise from the developers of Persona 5" seems like it would be way more appealing?

Just the netflix thing of trying to guarantee some sales by slapping an IP title on something then doing their own thing, pretty sad.

director and team of tokyo mirage sessions

Eh I'll still be working through Xenoblade 3, them shits is a long ass game.

>"A brand new rpg franchise from the developers of Persona 5"
Then have the devs call it a "spiritual successor" to Soul Hackers to keep the boomers interested. I don't get it at all.

>Q: The interviewees discuss their goals in working for the first new game in a series that began 25 years ago.

>A: Eiji Ishida: Until now, he was the director for Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and the art director for Shin Megami Tensei IV. He worked with Hirata as the director for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

>A: Mitsuru Hirata: He has worked as the director for Radian Historia and the chief director of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Along with Ishida, he also worked on Shin Megami Tensei III and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.

---

>Q: Unusually, for an Atlus RPG, the main character in this game seems to talk a lot.

>A: Ishida: A main character who doesn’t speak can be a hurdle for some games. If the main character doesn’t speak, it means that the player cannot get into the game unless the characters around him or her explain the world and the progression of the story. It’s easier to explain the story if the main character can speak and act actively, and we also wanted to change the trend of having mostly male protagonists in the past.

>A: Hirata: Also, each of the Devil Summoners in this game are burdened with some kind of serious situation. Ringo and Figue, in a sense, are depicted as angels, and they are portrayed as innocent and naive.

This sounds like the dumb shit the TV show writers for the Halo TV show said about Master Chief's helmet. It worked fine for every other dev and their games.

Soul Hackers balanced the tone so damn well, had serious suspense but maintained original and fantastical designs. this looks like the product of someone designing the stage of a jpop band