Final Fantasy XI

Stop playing FFXIV and come home.

Attached: 1635629611370.png (1366x768, 1.5M)

Stop making me pay monthly to play and I will

I wish XIV and XI shared a sub like wow does.

Modern 11 plays like a normal modern day mmo and private servers of older versions are extremely low populations you can only ever get groups for the dunes all the way to max level
Im sick of the fucking dunes

T. Played on eden the most popular private server to level 40 bard snd only once in roughly 4 days of playtime had a group outside of the dunes

But XIV is literally better in every single way
There's no reason to play XI

that's a very short sighted statement

It's not as bad if you play with friends and don't rely on Trusts to carry you through every single challenge the game puts before you. It's how you choose to play at the end of the day.

I saw this dude in Crawler's Nest, level 50 Paladin, with 6 Trusts trailing his ass. His equipment? All level 1 gear. It was truly sad to watch.

There's no reason to upgrade your armor. The game STARTS at 99 now. The leveling experience is saved for job points, and now exemplar points.

kek that's funny
If you're gonna be stingy about upgrading at least use the Spark stuff every 15-20 levels
Trusts do a lot of the heavy lifting but going around in level 1 gear is a bit extreme
Makes me wonder if he was even aware of the Spark system

I mean the game encourages you to do that. It rockets you to 99 and there are vendors at every corner that just hand you level appropriate gear for what is essentially free

It's really not XI anymore

>mentioning IT by name
well this thread is doomed, I'm out

I miss how we used to be bb but our ship has sailed.

played both XI and XIV for years, cleared plenty of endgame content for both.

when the nostalgia bomb hits me it's always for XI. For instance, I can't remember (stopped playing both >5 years ago) a single BGM track for XIV but if you just give me a zone name from at least vanilla XI there's a 95% chance I remember it

I have, and I've been playing on a private server for the past few months, having a blast.

Attached: 2022.07.05_071326.jpg (2800x2100, 1.06M)

In my case (new player, 3 months so far) I've been enjoying playing the game without any of the modern aid, like redeeming sparks for gear/money, scrounging up money through killing monsters for materials and selling them to NPCs/AH.

I've had a handful of people straight up tell me
>just bot it lmao
>just redeem sparks lmao
>just Echad Ring lmao
>just summon Trusts lmao

>Stop playing FFXIV and come home.
this will never happen, old ffxi forced social interaction which is something modern mmo players hate, the average ffxiv player is seeking the feeling of being in high school again where everyone is forced to be around them and they think they have friends because someone said hi or nodded at them in a hall, these faggots would never manage to even get a dunes party

>server has trusts
>everyone levels solo, minimal interaction
>server removes exp penalty for being in a party with other players
>whole fucking server gets together and parties up now
>only trust anyone uses is Kupofried and/or Apururu
Why doesn't retail just remove the penalty on exp?

Because then even more people would just buy their way to the level cap.

Still wouldn't matter because shit like Shantotto II trivializes actual people

>friends on a whim start playing on Eden
>figure what the hell I'll mess around, do some dunes parties and maybe promys and stuff
>weeks later I'm out skilling up my divine magic on worms in Attohwa at 4 AM on a work night
I forgot what the crippling addiction felt like, it's still there

I played XI all last year. Kinda done with it for the moment.

>Spamming Pollen in Sarutabuta until late night for Blue Magic skill ups
>"user's Blue magic skill goes up 0.1 points!"
>mfw

Attached: 1642400733874.gif (320x568, 2.98M)