Is No Man's Sky actually worth playing now? I like space games and visiting different planets

Is No Man's Sky actually worth playing now? I like space games and visiting different planets.

Attached: file.png (1050x1574, 2.05M)

no

fuck no. it's now a single player mmo. you don't need to mine much but the grind is even worse. still no actual campaign, only a long tutorial.

wide but shallow, fun but not really that fun

Attached: no.jpg (628x628, 43.45K)

FUCK no

Sort of, the devs aversion to combat make the game sort of bland.
Still better than the average space autism simulators.

define average space autism simulator, it surely isnt better than elite, x4 or starsector

I enjoyed it while it lasted but after a few 1000 planets you start to get really tired of the game

>fun
for the first 3 hours until you realize everything else is just copy pasted and there's nothing more to explore
>Still better than the average space autism simulators.
fuck off, NMS is autistic as fuck

>but after a few 1000 planets you start to get really tired of the game
make that 10 planets
that tard probably didn't play any other space game

>for the first 3 hours until you realize everything else is just copy pasted and there's nothing more to explore
you can still squeeze a little bit of fun for like few more hours
i have like 50 hours in nms

It'll keep you entertained for a while. Just going to the places the story tells you to go is good enough you don't need to explore and spend too much on planets that still are just different colors of the same places.

it didn't manage to make itself stand out or show me a gameplay mechanic i really liked within the first 2 hours so i gave it a nice old refund
it sort of proved to me that 'gamers' are cattle and are meant to be prodded and abused, you can get away with lying about nearly every detail of your game, and then 'fix' it (do the absolute bare minimum) and suddenly everyone thinks you aren't a total piece of shit anti-consumer scumbag anymore

the first 2h are the only fun part
the story sucks ass

there is absolutely no reason to actually explore and travel to multiple planets

I'm waiting for the War tag to mean more than a difference in the stock market. Other than that its one of the space games I like to rotate in and out.

Attached: 1422902343346.png (500x380, 282.08K)

The highest it can aspire to is a polished turd because the foundation design is terrible. Procgen exploration is about as inherently interesting as trying to find perfect squares in a random number generator. That's ontop of the fact that the devs being swindling liars. Arguably they're trying to make up for it by delivering on some of their promises, but it was the least they could do to try to earn back their tanked credibility because the alternative was to exit the industry for good.

>add base building
>you need to tediously grind to unlock base parts
whole game is just grind, nothing more. even the shitty story mode is just grind.

probably the worst UI I've ever seen in a game

Don't listen to the no-fun brigade, No Man's Sky is worth a play now. They really went out of their way to fix it.
It does have copy-paste problems but honestly that doesn't become super noticeable until you're hundreds of hours into the game anyway.

If you like either space or exploration, NMS is terrible for you. Go get Freelancer.

Depends. Yes , there are worlds to explore but they are shallow. There are story missions to do but they dont add much to the experience, imo. Youll basically look to upgrade your gear and drift through space. Youll need mods to improve exploration and qol things.

Shill

Expeditions are honestly quite fun, but everything else is a complete chore with no real purpose to anything. I want to know if the elusive 4.0 update will live up to the hype.

I played about ten hours and I was seeing everything looking the same everywhere.

do you have a dysfunctional brain that enjoys grinding and is fine seeing the exact same plant 40000000 times?
sure
do you want a meaningful space sim?
nope, look elsewhere
also the UI is complete dogshit and you can't even change colors on your space ship for some fucking reason

>plant
*planet, but the plants do repeat very frequently

>Shill
No, I just played it for a couple of hundred hours and enjoyed my time with it.

Dude, there are multiple planetary biomes, there's no way you saw them all in just ten hours.

Yup, but not for $60 unless you really, really like crafting games. When they fix the proc gen it will be kino worth full price.

Also fuck torfags, half the posts itt are just blatantly untrue.

Attached: 1655916115797.jpg (1125x1360, 71.81K)

the game is so fundamentality broken that I struggle to think how it can actually be fixed. 6 years later and at its core it's still a game where you mine for materials to make equipment so you can mine materials faster. The gameplay loop is a broken mess that doesn't actually give you any sense of actual progression or growth.

>the story sucks ass

It's not great, but it moves things forward and gives you a reason to go to different places because otherwise there's no point because everything looks pretty much the same after a while.