Why do so many people not understand the story of FFVII?

Why do so many people not understand the story of FFVII?

Attached: 1642125626461.jpg (1095x1000, 61.61K)

The translation wasn't very good

they dropped the corporatism bad for the planet plot for the evil alien wants to destroy the world 7 hours in

Your mom dropped you on your head.

Video games are for fun you psued retard. If I wanted a serious moral lesson i would read a book

He's not wrong. Also Cloud himself didn't even care about that " shinra is bad for the planet" shit for most of the game, he just wanted personal revenge against shinra and sephiroth and at the beginning, a paycheck.

>they dropped the corporatism bad for the planet plot for the evil alien wants to destroy the world 7 hours in
No they didn’t.

>He's not wrong.
Go back with your normalfag phrases.

my memories of vii have faded quite a bit but I recall the Shinra bad angle being relevant at least up until Hojo died or whatever that scene was about

yes they did. shinra stops being a corporation and becomes the evil empire after midgar

FF7 is about a bunch of retards learning to stop running away from their pasts and instead face them head on. The eco terrorist shit was just an excuse everyone was using because they hated that shinra killed their families and friends.

the big sword and tits got in the way

This. The translation was shit. Also, having said that, the translation in later Square games is still shit.

go back to r*ddit, you don't fit in here

at that point shinra is not a corporation anymore, it's not any different than the empire in 6

Hes not wrong.

>aaaa word arrangements i dont like save me nigherman

Cloud straight up tells Barret and crew he's only doing it for the money and his only real beef with Shinra is what Sephiroth did to him personally. The only reason Cloud wants to "save the planet" is because letting Sephiroth nearly kill it will give him access to god-like power.

Attached: 1653942874874.jpg (1095x1000, 58.87K)

Because the game is so fucking long that most people don't even make it halfway through the first disc.

Because FF7 was all about concept but lacked the execution.
Dont get me wrong, i think it is a great game, really entertaining story and moments that stay with you when you play it as kid/adult, but as you grow older and older, you start to realize a lot of stuff that the game tries to explore are just completely misunderstood by the people or the theme itself is just not explored enough.
For example, people (and OP pic) mention a lot that the game has this environmental/terrorism/corporatism aspect that it is key to barret and the whole midgar section, but after that it gets completely dropped until that tiny moment just before the midgar raid where suddenly the game remembers "oh right the whole bombing missions" and puts barret on the spotlight for a brief moment. They could have explored this aspect of whats good/bad about the mako energy throught the entire game, with Kalm, Corel, what bugenhagen, who used to work for shinra, has to say about it, etc, but it gets completly dropped to focus on sephiroth.
Another example of Jenova, being reduced to having little to no impact past the flashback, when it all comes down to sephiroth and a couple of boss fights.
When you learn jenova is not an ancient and that Sephiroth understands it, it isnt even a big reveal. Cloud just shrugs it off, and it isnt even explored or talked about at the moment. Not to mention that one of the most important cutscenes in the game (the tapes at Gast/Ifalna house) where it explains jenova and its nature not only it is completely optional but also it doesnt impact anything in the game. Because again, jenova was never the focus at all, despite the fact that jenova itself is the antithesis of FF7 themes. It brings back people from the dead using illusions, it refuses to merge with the lifestream because it doesnt belong to the cycle of life and plans to live forever.

Not really, its 50 hours. 70 if you do all the side stuff.

that is acool sword

And some people still think sephiroth is being controlled by jenova despite the fact the game strictly states he was in control all along and never tries to state otherwise. Hojo explains it all at the northern crater and thats it, theres nothing more. One could say "but why are you believing the villain", right? well, thats all there is to it because hojo statement is never discussed later on, unlike for example, the fake twist of cloud being just a clone and not the real cloud, just a mindless puppet to sephiroth, which gets discussed later on and cleared. For all purposes, sephiroth was in control and thats all there is to it. Does the party ever refers to jenova? no, its always sephiroth, they never wonder sephiroth is a victim, they never wonder if jenova is the key to all of this, they never even discuss it, It was all sephiroth.
At the end of the day, what they managed to develop properly is the "those who are gone, arent really gone" and "life" themes, with aerith death, her memories, what Sephiroth wants to do versus what it should happen, and the end. Thats was perfect. People die, but they dont really die. They still live in the lifestream, in the promise land, inside us, inside our memories, inside everything that lives.
Funny thing, this aspect is still misunderstood to this day where some people believe that FF7 is about dealing with loss and aknowledging death in a realistic way (like persona 3), and not in a magical fantasy way. When Sakaguchi mom died, the concept he was looking for was "my mom never really died, she went to somewhere else, shes still alive inside me, through my memories and stays with me forever", not something like "damn, my mom died, it sucks, everything is depressing and death is a bitch, yeah lets make a game about that".

What's the best mods for this game? The reunion is simple enough and doesn't require a mod loader but for the graphics, there's 2 options and both need a separate thing to load them in.

new threat just got a pretty big update.

How is corporatism bad for the planet I make money from it?

Attached: 1646380483363.jpg (822x960, 45.95K)

>expecting 2.1
>it isnt
oh fuck off dude