Why did melty blood fail?

why did melty blood fail?

Attached: 1638243200296.png (900x506, 843.52K)

It's a booming success though

because soulless FG sequels have been release nonstop for 2 years

Meh, it filled the budget at least.
I'm waiting for mahoyo movie

>Anime fighting games don't do well in this game besides Guilty Gear, and the last Melty Blood game update was in 2012
>People didn't like things like Shield.
>Autocombos
>Stigma against sprites.
>Nasu the game connected to the Remake timeline so you can't have fan favorites like Sion, or Wallachia. Can't even have Nanaya because he spoils the far side, and so does Vermillion Akiha.
>People preferred how the characters looked pre remake
>People preferred the old voice actors
>Online was shit, even with Rollback
>Only 12 characters at launch. The game came the end of September, and took until January for Aoko and DA Noel to arrive.

Collaborating with PSO2 in 2022 is the lowest of the low you can sink.

Dead game collaborating with a dead game. fuck nasu and fuck HMZK. I'll probably buy AC if it's JP exclusive

Attached: __manon_nadereh_and_aina_phantasy_star_and_2_more_drawn_by_vinushka__6d0c5c3aa68d02a300d762d1cf83e774.jpg (2200x1900, 3.6M)

Checks were cut which will fund further French-Bread games. I ain't even mad. Ignore my shameful 1,000+ hours in NGS. :(

>1000+
haha...

Attached: 1630705056032.png (669x164, 132.07K)

It sold like hotcakes (unless all the memesters refunded it) but nobody is playing because of stuff like the autocombos and shield.

Did you at least ever stumble across a Relik or Rockz weapon yet? :(

Sega goes out of their way with this game to de-incentivize playing the game. Fucking Resurgir and Evolorbit drops for days. . . gee, thanks you dicks.

I haven't properly played the game since dark falz got added, I did manage to get a couple of relik drops.

PSO going back to any kind of collab is good. NA all but killed them off.

In a genre that is RPS heavy, you don't wanna add another layer of RPS, but they did. Shield is incredibly shit and stops the flow of a pretty fast paced anime game. They didn't think you had a FOURTH option which is to just not push any button and that's what all players do nowadays so their brilliant new mechanic is, in the end, somewhat useless. Still great as a means to stop chip damage off fireballs

it's not fun for beginners and it's not fun for experts unlike MBAACC which is fun for everyone.

it's a shitty name for a game
>what are you playing user?
>i'm playing some MELTY BLOOD
simple as

Attached: 1656618778740.jpg (748x541, 63.9K)

Retards on the FGC like majinobama couldn't shut up about how it was gonna save Fightans. It created a lot of bad blood against the game, because those people didn't want to accept any criticism about the game. Like the boring ass roster or how terrible the netcode was, despite being rollback. And they tried to shill it hard with neko arc memes every single day, until they turned it into a cringe meme.
Everyone quickly realized it was a kusoge, and the game died like a month later faster than even delay based fightans.

Attached: 1657908142437.gif (202x196, 1.27M)

Sega is really desperate trying to bring back at least bit of old players back, they are dropping population like crazy. Melty is desperate too since it's dead fighting game so it fits both being desperate for bigger populations. Also with Holo collab they should have concert with them but nah just make lazy outfits to get some money and bigger population for one week. Good job Sega.

people forget how crazy moon skills with MD activated were. Even worse than shield on wakeup and they could eat through every move with their clash frames

Better than dragon's fucking balls lmao

>dragon ball good
>melty blood bad
both are shit friend