I want to start playing Neverwinter Nights 2 for the first time. Give me some tips

I want to start playing Neverwinter Nights 2 for the first time. Give me some tips.

Attached: Neverwinter-Nights-2-Free-Download-600x374-1.jpg (600x374, 40.75K)

I suggest you play Neverwinter Nights 2.

I will consider your suggestion, user. Thank you.

how do you plan to play a dead MMO? is there a single play server emulator? wtf?

this is Nevewinter Nights, not Neverwinter

Play a spell caster, they're more fun. Go into the camera settings and try a few things, NWN2 has a lot of settings for different styles of camera and brainlets were too retarded to figure that out on release

just do mask of the betrayer, it's one of the best RPGs ever made honestly, everything else is skippable, the main vanilla content, the other expansion.

Uninstall Wizard is the best class

Are the expansions standalone? I'd love playing through two expansions with a single character.

don't really need any tips, game is incredibly easy. I was able to beat it as a stupid child. install romance mods if you care about that I guess because the vanilla romances are shit. MotB is the best campaign but you need to beat the OC to understand it. expect shitty gameplay but great music and characters. first chapter of the OC is slow as shit but once you clear it the story gets really good.

fuck now I gotta replay NWN1 and 2...

Mask of the betrayer is the direct continuation of the base game.

Look up where to find Ore Deposits. They are in no way highlighted by the game, you just have to recognize the wall texture and click them with no prompt.
Some can be found before you even know you have to look for them and you can't go back to get them later.

Just press Z to highlight them...

Not really. It's a self-contained story.

I'd suggest installing the game
>everything else is skippable, the main vanilla content
F I L T E R E D

Play rogue for the most painful experience

Yes really. Being self-contained does not mean it doesn't pick up directly after the first one ends.

>It's a self-contained story.
Ah yes, a self contained story where your PC is literally the same character from the OC, saved from THE CEILING FALLS AND KILLS EVERYONE™ by some bald bitch.
Very self contained, which is also why you import the character from the OC and keep leveling from there, or why people from the OC show up in MoTB to tell you what happened after you were spirited away, as if anyone cares anyway since it's such a shit game.

Mask of the betrayer should be played with your character from the main campaign, zephyr is another campaign you start from level 1 with a custom made group, it's a kind of sandbox open world game

You'll get bored by act 3, then drop it, after a year or two desire to play it again, start fresh and get bored by act 3. Rinse, repeat. I've been in the cycle for like 6 years.

>all these turboplebs that didn't enjoy the OG campaign
a laugh in your general direction

What's wrong with it without spoiling it?

act 3 is kino you adhd dumbfuck.

Play Neverwinter Nights 1 (with Players Resource Consortium mod)

Attached: 4729391.jpg (1024x576, 103.8K)

Is there a reason Neverwinter Nights 2 isn’t on Steam anymore? I know it was at one point because I have a friend that owns it on Steam, but at some point a long time ago it was delisted and I never learned why.

People whined that it was "generic" because it's your usual RPG storyline of "ring bearer defeats Sauron" but it was fun, tongue in cheek at times and mostly well told.

Fuck you, now I want to play this. Again. But I always end up with either Unga Bunga warriors or paladin. What should I play this time mates.

Spellcasters are the most fun but it kinda sucks that they don't get much mileage out of the Silver Sword in the end. Not that they really need it.

Some people hate the base NWN2 experience because they think the story is generic for some retarded reason. People hate the original campaign of the first game for the same reason, but in that case it was entirely justified because the first game’s plot was complete ass.

Yuanti warlock named zuck

Technically it's the same protag, yes, but the story has absolutely nothing to do with the original campaign. New setting at the other end of the world, new party. Importing from the original campaign is also just an option, you can just make a new character.
It's boring, clichéd, bloated with lots of filler, forced companions that you can't tell to fuck off, no choice and consequence, bad ending (ceiling collapses and everyone dies).

>I want to start playing Neverwinter Nights 2
trust me, you don't
Before pilalrs of eternity it was widly considered to be worst crpg ever made, rightfully so

First act is incredibly slow with dogshit pacing. Your goal is to get to [place]. In order to get to [place] you have to get to [place2]. Once you're at [place2] you find out you can't get to [place] without [macguffin]. Once you get [macguffin] and get to [place] you find out you actually need to get to [place3]. In order to get to [place3] you are required to complete a lengthy plotline unrelated to the main story. Once you do that you're told to get [macguffin2] and then maybe you can get to [place3]. That sort of shit. It's meant to slowly build tension and intrigue, as well as introduce you to the cast, but it's like the story is put on hold while you deal with random bullshit. Act 2 more than makes up for it with some fantastic story beats, although it's also a bit slow to start if you want to get to the action. Act 3 feels like an entirely different game, instead of slowly uncovering a mystery it's mostly just prep for the final battle. you'll either hate it or love it. the ending is a fantastic buildup to absolutely dogshit payoff, but the expansion fixed a lot of that.

I beat the main and MotB. Pathfinder: Kingmaker/Wrath is better. Just move on.

only by codexniggers who endlessly fellate the cock of Baldur's Gate 2

I have only one thing to mention that wasn't already said in this thread: in MotB, elemental summons count as nearby spirits to when you use the surpression ability.

Neeshka best girl.

Also, the game has great downloadable modules.

Imagine actually believing this.

You can start right from MotB but you'll have to make a level 30 character or some shit and NWN2's character creation can get a bit complex with all the prestige classes. Better to just play through base NWN2 with the same character. It's not that bad, just a bit forgettable.

Default campaign sucks but you probably want to become familiar with low levels before jumping into what many consider the definitive campaign, motb.
I'd play storm of zehir and see how it feels.

>Neeshka best girl.
correct.
I am eternally pissed that they didn't let you romance the cute dorky thief devil girl with low self-esteem. what were they thinking.