Do you miss the old satirical PS2 era about consumerism or do you prefer it’s modern Pixar cinematic approach since...

Do you miss the old satirical PS2 era about consumerism or do you prefer it’s modern Pixar cinematic approach since the PS3?

Attached: RCC.jpg (674x301, 219.01K)

>about consumerism
you can just say capitalism here user, you won't be censored for speaking the truth.

I don't think anyone prefers the current era Ratchet, it's soulless with no buddy cop duo.

Former. Gotta say though, I'm more than a bit skeptical of Any Forums actually enjoying or even tolerating any form of political satire.

Something about old Ratchet weirds me out.

Like it's unappealing.

of course i miss when ratchet was good

I get that Insomniac felt bad for going too far in RC1, but it's been decades. Stop making him so bland.

And while we're at it, just say that Angela tucked her tail in her pants. It's not that big a deal.

sex with rivet!

Every R&C after the ps2 is hot garbage

>consumerism
Why do capitalists always backpedal to this excuse when a game or a piece of media very clearly shits on capitalism? Especially when you consider that consumerism is literally necessary for capitalism to survive?

No, the original R&C was not “anti-consumer” it very clearly shit on unregulated capitalism’s negative effect on the environment. All of the planets you visit showcase the negative effects of corporate exploitation of the environment and pollution.

A Crack in Time is the best game in the series.

no you don't understand. you just have to consume the right products and everything will magically solve itself

it isn't really capitalism because there's one single corporation in the entire galaxy. Also the villain is in opposition with it, he has his troops attack their headquarters near the end of the game.

This series basically just doesn't exist after the PS2 era. Those games were all great in their own ways. R&C1 camera control was meh. R&C2 had a disappointing end boss. Absurdly easy. R&C3 was let down by focusing on having this multiplayer mode instead of fleshing out the singleplayer that bit more. Would've loved to see some of the stuff from the museum in the actual game. Deadlocked was a solid game for what it did but I just missed the movement with clank and going to all these new worlds. Co op was fun though. Would've rathered co op in R&C3 than multiplayer. Music is top tier, games were groundbreaking. I miss the PS2 platformer era so much. It used to be my main genre.

>if a company is too successful and buys all their competition its not capitalism because... it just isn't, okay?!

Its the only tolerable game in the Future era. Everything else has been sanitized 4kids garbage and boring.

the people in that galaxy have portable rocket launchers, jet-packs, genome manipulation, and nanomachine based healthcare so the current model seems to be working out pretty good for them.

The plumber on the first level is going to die because he can't afford a ship leaving a doomed planet.

After the PS3 and PS4 era was total crap I kinda liked Rift Apart's writing. It's nothing special but Rivet and Kit had a few good moments.

Two is the best, then deadlocked, then one and then three. Rift apart would have been ten out of ten if it had 25 planets like commando instead of the eight we got.

Funny how many heads it goes over considering how unsubtle it is, and the fact that they did it for multiple games in a row

The newer games play better but are less compelling narratively. Up your Arsenal (while guilty of starting the trend towards more pixar-y hero nonsense) and Deadlocked are really the only 2 games that nail the gameplay and compelling narrative bits well.

>then deadlocked
kek

Did three really improve on the gameplay of two? We already had strafing by then and no recycled multiplayer maps for levels like three

Strafing was in 2 but not lock strafe controls, which gave you free aim with the rightstick and strafing without needing a button press. Content for the game ≠ gameplay mechanics

I do but I don't blame them for ditching the satire since their range of topics was getting limited by Deadlocked. Still, the more melodramatic and grand approach that they've been doing since the PS3 has been pretty lame.
>Did three really improve on the gameplay of two?
Yes. Weapons were more varied, gadgets were streamlined, selection tools were better implemented, the lock-on with strafe was added.

Lock strafe was shit, only TPS zoomies use it.

>Two is the best, then deadlocked, then one and then three
Agree

Ratchet 3's weapons sucked balls, except the ones copied from 1 & 2. Nobody ever whipped out the Infector or the Hydra except because all their other weapons had full XP.