What are your thoughts on Diablo 1? Was it a decent experience?

What are your thoughts on Diablo 1? Was it a decent experience?

Attached: Dx Screenshot 2020.10.10 - 00.11.34.03.png (1920x1080, 2M)

Back when it came out? Sure. It became obsolete very quickly though. Nowaday it's just a very simplistic and quite boring game.
D2 is way better overall but still outclassed gameplay by poe. It still has a better atmosphere though, for now.

>Nowaday it's just a very simplistic and quite boring game.
Replayed it recently and it still mogs D2 in atmosphere.

It's kino af. What a vidya

It "mogs" nothing, it has 3 tilesets, forgettable drone music, no ai and a gameplay that is simpler than gacha phone games. It's utterly uninteresting by today's standards.

It‘s still the most atmospheric Diablo game and the most fun to play in single player.

t. zoomer

i could type several paragraphs on my experiences with Diablo 1, but they will always and forever shift toward Diablo 2, it's everything you could want in a sequel to a masterpiece

Attached: map.jpg (619x677, 132.25K)

Says the faggot using the word "mog".

A masterpiece.

The best of the series

I still prefer D1 over 2.
2 is just too open and quickly becomes too fast and flashy.

D1 just has amazing claustrophobic atmosphere.

I wish more ARPGs would aim to be like D1 instead of D2

The one thing going for it was the horror style. If you think about where Blizzard went with their style in their subsequent games the word that fits is "cartoony", which is literally the opposite of horror. Blizzard became the exact opposite of what it was known for.

Action RPG horror games were slightly rare, which explains why myself and everyone gravitated towards Dark Souls. FromSoft games are the real and true Diablo 1 successor.

I didnt even played more than five minutes of Diablo or WOW, never got the appeal or games like this

Enjoyable back then, but today too slow and sluggish.

gave me a killer idea for a resident evil type of diablo game, that'd be pretty sick

The Diablo devs were a completely different studio than Blizzard. They were just bought by Blizzard. They're not the same people.

you level up and go "bing bing" then kill enemy get item and go "wahoo"

I don't understand how anyone wit more than 10 braincells can enjoy this genre. it's on the same level as gacha and dating sim visual novels as far as I'm concerned

It's better than 2.
It actually has hitstun and doesn't devolve into a potion chugging clickfest while you stand in one place.
I had to leash enemies, run away from them, get them stuck on doors. I had to use everything I had to win.
Diablo 2 ruined this series and by proxy, the whole genre of isometric arpgs.
The only other game in this genre I enjoyed is Xanadu Next.

it's incredibly jarring to hear several user claim the first is superior, that's so divorced from reality. i'm convinced they hardly ever play them.

>doesn't devolve into a potion chugging clickfest
Damn, faggots with nostalgia goggles really do be lying through their teeth

Contrarians are always more vocal. No one in their right mind actually think D1 is better