What is it with people sucking re4's dick? nothing to do with the remake btw im just saying whats the big deal...

what is it with people sucking re4's dick? nothing to do with the remake btw im just saying whats the big deal. i think the game is fun, and charming, but masterpiece? best game of all time even? what the fuck?

Attached: image_2022-07-31_043203821.png (1480x833, 557.81K)

devs didn't know how to place the camera in third person shooters so capcom laid the framework for every single one up to this day

Because it's a game that did everything right
Notice I didn't say it did better or great, I said RIGHT

>masterpiece? best game of all time even?
Yes.
OP, what is your favorite game?

i bounce around but im not totally sure anymore. for a while i thought it was LISA but i question that still. i dunno if any game has given me a very fulfilling story or theme as much as a book or manga or television show or movie has, but i still sink more time into games than any of the others. for convenience sake LISA, not like its relevant to the question i asked or like you answered in any meaningful way.

i can appreciate that, because i was around when it was a big deal, but i still cant outright call it a masterpiece after playing it without rose tinted glasses in the modern day. the only resident evil game ive ever particularly found to be masterful is RE1 remake and even that game has a numerous amount of flaws.

It's like Halo for tps. Less about its quality and more about the fact that it came at the right time right place.

I feel you tho. Played it on release on ps2 and it never wowd me

what more of answer do you want
>best game of all time even?
not the best but easily one of the best and its no question

why? do you KNOW why or do you just think it is because? i dunno an answer with substance not just a blanket one without any reasoning or purpose. just seems like the game is looked at fondly in a nostalgic way, the same way i feel a game like half life 2 is.

Half Life 2 has a great setting. Visual identity, gameplay variation. Pushed new boundaries in terms of graphics and physics unlike RE4

I've rescued the fucking subject. We're fucking returning home.

story is fun
gameplay is more or less perfect
all levels are designed great bar a few
has incredible replayability
mercenaries game mode is great
setting, characters, envirmoments and more are all memorable

I could go on and on but you'd honestly struggle to find flaws with re4 unless you go in looking for them

I'd suck Leon's dick.

It's a good game and probably one of the best shooters released on gamecube

Any Forums pretending random e-celeb's opinions are their own ideas like usual

it has a lot of depth in its gameplay, and the amount of variety and quality of level design, enemy variety, enemy placement and so on is staggering
in RE4 shooting enemies on specific parts of the body can stun them, you can knock them prone, disarm them, stab them, hit projectiles in mid-air, set off explosives if they're holding one, set up a high damage suplex or a roundhouse kick that hits multiple enemies at once
and then there's things like kicking down ladders, vaulting, throwing grenades, jumping through windows, barricading windows and doors, kicking doors open to hit zombies
I've yet to find an over-the-shoulder shooter with as much depth

Attached: re4 cinegrid.jpg (3264x1835, 3.04M)

RE5 expanded on most aspects that RE4 had. with arguably a worse weapon system but expanded context-sensitive moves and coop tactics.

Last of us 1 and 2 completely obliterates it

good one

It was an overwhelming amount of peoples first exposure to resident evil at all
That’s basically it

I'd think those are more freeform action games over the stuff RE was going for. TLOU 2 refines a lot of what the first game had but comes off a little bloated while TLOU had some jank melee combat.

RE4 was canned 3 times during developement.
What they ended up making was a simple arcady tps.
The shooting and general pacing is great for what it is, it plays really well.

That's why it's been ported so many times, there's very little scripting and it's just so copy pastable because of how they made it (quickly)

But it does drag on too long.
Its story is non-sense.
The cheese is far too much.

But peopel like it because it plays well and keeps you going area to area just gunning and kicking enemies.

Classic RE fans hated it because of this. It changed the formula too much and was generally barebones compared to the features of a typical resident evil game.
Classis RE fans continued to hate it because it started the trend of the TPS era for RE where 5 and then 6 dealt with the problems 4 created (5 literally retconned 4 when 4 said the pharmacuetical company in a resident evil game died, 5 just brought them back)

But in honesty 4 is a fun game, it's just a poorly executed one, cobbled together from assets they had and failed to use in the 3 previous itterations they tried to make, (animated knight armor? c'mon that was clearly from the version of 4 that was just a spooky house with black fog and puppets)

People just latch on to what they like, the rabid defence of 4 has little to stand on really.
They mostly just try to deflect onto anything else and move any criticism onto other games.

Attached: ddvy6lc-47b4f144-9111-4da9-a7cc-01cd9089bf6b.png (256x408, 62.86K)