SIREN

What do you think about siren games?

Attached: 32425-siren-playstation-2-front-cover-811025895.jpg (800x1169, 263.73K)

I only ever played the on one on PS3 and had a great time, outside of the awful final boss.
Need to check the other games one day.

Decent I enjoyed parts of it but some things stick with me as being really bad. It has some of the worst requirments to unlock stuff ive seen in a game. Like use a metal stick to dig a key out of the floor boards in a random house on a random day at a random time. Shit like that could be retarded. Also your companions were fuckin braindead. I recall playing as the teacher dude and one mission I had the assistant girl with me. I would always shove her in a hiding spot and go try to do my objectives only for her to die. Eventually I said fuck it shoved her in the place and used sightjack to see what the fuck was happening. Turns out for not fuckin reason she would sometimes just bust out of the house into the waiting arms of like 30 shinobi and run through the streets aggroing everyone. Also it had one of the spookiest experiences I ever had with a game. There was a button I said I wonder what this does and exactly when I hit it the fire alarms in my house went off. Needless to say that gave me a spook. Not the first horror game ide recommend to someone but certainly worth a play.

I loved the first one back then, shat myself many times despite the atrociously hilarious dub. I remember all the marketing around it regarding how it's based on a true event where a shit ton of villagers dissapeared from an island iirc. It was neat.
It's flawed af and its sequel fixed a lot, but also lost something in the process which I can't put my finger on it. Never played the PS3 episodic vidyas, the whole american crew in japan felt too clichéd for a Siren game. I'd also recently played Michigan Report From Hell and knew that no other filming crew would ever top those crazy faggots lol

Attached: Average Bong.jpg (250x174, 6.36K)

i wish there were more j-horror games

>Not the first horror game ide recommend to someone but certainly worth a play.
Aye, it's definitely not a great introduction to the genre but if you're already into it then Siren (at least back then) was a must play just for the whole freaky experience

Is there even one rn in development?

Attached: 1639261845182.webm (582x464, 2.81M)

What game?

Want to give them a play.

Fatal Frames were great, so I hope Sirens are too.

nvm. Google sucks at reverse image but yandex found it

peaky blinder official videgame

I was filtered, unironically.

don't expect a good gameplay, overall you gonna encounter a interesting story and good soundtrack

Fatal Frame and Siren are entirely different beasts. Fatal Frame is RE mindset. Siren is pixel hunts and level knowledge beyond any other series. The fact theres 2 objectives on EVERY mission and some of them are "find this key thats placed on a window sill you'd never have noticed to unlock a mission objective 30 missions from now to unlock the mission objective for a mission 20 missions ago so you can get a secondary ending to it" is extreme grating if you aren't expecting it.
Even the hints aren't too clear on it.

Too spooky for me

The original Siren is an esoteric masterpiece. The game was highly committed to a vision and had lots of oddities that you wouldn't expect in a survival horror game. I have no idea why other horror games didn't rip off sightjacking, it was such a genius mechanic

It's on of the few vidyas I'll understand anons getting filtered. It's honestly too obtuse and clunky but for those who stick with it they'll find a true gem.

Was super young, got very filtered. Both a spooky game and utterly cryptic. Think I made it through the first cycle then realized the game wants me to do harder things during the level.

sightjacking is by far the coolest mechanic in a horror game. However, the rest of Siren is fucking dog tier trash and nearly impossible without a guide. Forbidden Siren on PS3 I think does it better while still keeping the sightjacking
I hope Slitterhead has something similar or just as good as it

I mean Siren Blood Curse for PS3

The shibito are supposed to be human despite their supernatural creation but there was one mission in 2 where they'd hunt you down no matter where on the map you hid. Suposedly the justification was there was a sniper on the roof giving orders but you could literally go to the other side of a building hide in a closet sightjack the nearest guy and then watch them magically triangulate your location. Broke all immersion and ruined the entire game.

There was also a mission with some dog woman thing that pulled the same shit. Though maybe she could hear you walking fucked if I know. Rage quit right there.

>Forbidden Siren
JP and US title: Siren
PAL title: Forbidden Siren
Sometimes it sucks being in the EU

The point in 2, since I imagine you mean the missions where you played the woman saving Shu Mikami, was that they were hunting you down and you were meant to keep moving. It was supposed to be a paced hunt and the guys weren't shibitos, they were humans hunting down the woman because she was literally a monster and they knew she was due to the islands religion.