JRPG recomendations

Hey Any Forums so i just finished chrono trigger for the first time not so long ago and it made me really start to like jrpgs but i just do not know any good ones so any recomendations would be appreciated.

Attached: 4187BABA-648D-4C58-BA90-F935501BD096.jpg (616x353, 85.94K)

You literally start with one of the best and most acclaimed one, so I'm not sure how much you'll enjoy any others, but my personal favorites are Super Mario RPG, Suikoden 1 & 2, Breath of Fire 3 & 4 and Skies of Arcadia. The 90s in general is where the genre peaked in my opinion, so I'd just look into those first.

Attached: 1458551474050.jpg (800x1130, 657.01K)

Of the same console gen? If so then go from Breath of Fire 2. Outside of TB system Secret of Evermore is fun. Want to jump to the 5th gen? Go for Breath of Fire 4 (3 is also kino but I prefer 4, either way every BoF is great). Give us a few pointers as to what you'd like otherwise we'll just throw a (you) a huge library

Attached: b03595973b905e04c5113611d35c6560.gif (512x448, 259.9K)

>You literally start with one of the best and most acclaimed one, so I'm not sure how much you'll enjoy any others
cue schala's theme

Attached: better than aeris.jpg (2880x2880, 215.6K)

Radiant Historia
Live-a-Live
The World Ends With You (DS only) + NEO TWEWY
Shin Megami Tensei (try starting with Strange Journey)
Vargant Story
Earthbound and Mother 3
LISA
Undertale/Deltarune
Xenoblade 1
Xenogears
If you want an action game, then try Sou Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma
Paper Mario/Super Mario RPG/Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

*Soul Blazer

>best and most acclaimed one
Chrono Trigger is only good as a gateway JRPG for people with no expectations. It doesn't hold up for people who actually play and enjoy the genre. There's absolutely no difficulty, and the characters are extremely one-note and boring.

Pic related is a must. Probably the best story in JRPG's history.

Attached: 51CSHM2wtEL._SX385_.jpg (385x352, 34.26K)

>After all the hardships and reboots, Takahashi finally gets a permanent vocation in an unprecedented move, as well as his own fuckhueg office at one the best gaming companies that treat him well and let him do whatever he wants, sales be damned
>His fans do whatever they can and mirculously make the games popular in the West
>Xenoblade so far have been underwhelming
I love Xenoblade 1 as a simpler focused story, but I expected some sort of continual growth with time like how Gears/Saga were supposed to work, and right now we're more or less standing in place in terms of gameplay evoltuion/scope/overarching story despite being 3.5 fuckhueg games in. How the fuck do you stumble for so long and then not deliver after everything's finally perfect? Reminds of Uchikoshi, who set up a bunch of shit of ZE3, then got the game greenlit with a stroke of luck and help from fans, and blew it all somehow

>obligatory CT hater
it's like you've played another game altogether

Chrono Trigger is the JRPG for people who don't like JRPGs.

I'm sorry your soibrain tastes are so garbage

Im trying to get more people to play Seiken Densetsu 3

If you're on playstation only then look up Chrono Cross

>if you like acclaimed & celebrated X then you're Y
sit down, lad

For something more recent try Triangle Strategy, it's very very good

>Hey I liked Chrono Trigger how about other JRPGs
>*seething Any Forumsfag shows up shitting on Chrono Trigger*
Pottery

Anything made in the 90's

But from more recently I picked up Fuga and it hits hard unless youre an emotionless robot, I've never played a tutorial that fucked me up like that in my life

Attached: images (1) (28).jpg (380x261, 29.75K)

You know this makes a case for playing Chrono Trigger, right? You can start with something that's still pretty good, but with some room to go up from there.

Are the steam versions of Chrono Trigger & Cross worth it?

>Shin Megami Tensei (try starting with Strange Journey)
I love SJ but I've had success getting people to start with SMT1 on GBA. A lot of people tend to appreciate it once they sit down with it, even if it does get pretty easy by the end of it.

I'd also recommend Dragon Quest as a whole. Even if it's as simple as could be, start with DQ1 and play them in numbered order so you can see how the series as a whole has evolved.

>DQ
>Evolved

Yes, the series has had small and meaningful changes to its systems over the years. I still think later releases of DQ3 have a lot to offer between the vocation system and personality based stat growth. Sure it's not the most complex thing, but it sure is fun.

Actually this would be a good thread to ask. Anyone know of good multiplayer JRPGs besides Tales of and Seiken Densetsu 3?