ITT: games that are only good the first 3 times you play them

ITT: games that are only good the first 3 times you play them

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 98.52K)

I have almost 700 hours of Terraria on Steam alone (I played quite a bit on PS3 before getting it on Steam) and I have no clue how the fuck I managed to do that.
It's impossible for me to play the game anymore. I play for a few minutes and feel extremely burned out; I will never be able to play this game again and have fun doing so

You eventually get the point where you've exhausted all of the playstyles and realise the game is very linear and predictable, especially in 1.4

I mean a game already having replay value means it's an alright game.

Subnautica has very little replay value but the first playthrough is really enjoyable. Plus the original composer for the soundtrack was too based for the studio so that's alwayw nice. Do not touch 2nd game with a 10ft pole though it's a straight downgrade.

Attached: 1659255189724.jpg (1200x675, 257.03K)

This. Wish the map was randomized (other than the random starting zone).

Outer wilds, The first time you play it the mystery and puzzles are great, but once you already have everything figured out the game loses a lot of its value

1.4 removed a lot of the replay value from the game and that sucks

how
pre-1.4 feels like shit to play

what did they remove from the game in 1.4 that made it less linear and predictable?

hey that's 3 more times than Elden ring

>1.4 removed a lot of the replay value from the game and that sucks
then just play the older version that supposedly still has that replay value?
why are we acting like the old versions of the game disappears when they release a new update?

Attached: 1657237203298.jpg (1930x2517, 2.94M)

I now actually have to fight bosses to get hellstone and I'm sad

>you literally just have to beat EoW / EoC
Any Forums just loves to complain.

>game is good for at least 1000 hours

you only have to kill WoF and start fishing in hard mode

first 3? try 1.
>le eggshundred hours on terraria
autism

tf are you on craft the demon pickaxe nigga

Game is good for 10 hours, minimum
>Game locks the ability to make the controls not feel like ass behind randomly generated items, but makes the process of getting to said items often take the items themselves
- There is no reason the Flippers should be an equippable item. You should just be able to swim by default.
- There is no reason your jump should be so short
>Game wants you to play it like some wide-open sandbox where you can build just about anything you want, but getting an abundant, reliable supply of materials is a pain in the ass, the generation of many materials isn't even guaranteed so there's a chance you won't even be able to build the shit you want
>Game ruins its own scenery and adds an unnecessary ticking clock that can't be opted out of behind arbitrary progression. Wanna build a house out of endgame materials but don't want the world to look like ass? Too bad.
>Game's coolest weapons are useful for maybe a couple encounters here and there, but drop off in usefullness fast, and eventually become the standard faggy swords you see over and over again in every other game
>Solar eclipses, blood moons, pirate invasions, and all the other stupid ideas the developers thought were cool are constant and again, can't be opted out of or avoided. You just have to deal with these retards throwing yourself at your house when you're trying to build the fucking thing

The game has good aspects

But the game itself is not good

Attached: great expression.jpg (400x300, 27.31K)

Not reading all that over a 4 buck game. Sorry to hear that or good for you.

Attached: 165134716250.png (265x371, 54.81K)

I'll add some little anime girls to keep your attention next time