So how do you play vidya as a poorfag? Just emulation on a shitty laptop?

So how do you play vidya as a poorfag? Just emulation on a shitty laptop?

3rd worlders please share with us your wisdom as well.

Attached: Poor.jpg (640x832, 114.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/kootstra-rene/enge-js
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A lot of consoles can be modded and they may be a better option than emulating via laptop.
3DS and/or Wii U could give you a LOT of options. V1 switch is also a viable option for modern games.

i used to play ps1 games on my ps4 browser

how

you can buy a reasonably modern gaming rig for $200

>reasonably modern gaming rig for $200
>$200
You need $500 minimum to have a meh gaming PC using only integrated graphics or cheapass ali express GPU.

Attached: 1522651170483.jpg (1024x1015, 113.43K)

it's very hard to explain

Computers are relatively cheap to produce
All you need to do is produce enough value to offset your living expenses to have excess to put into a mid tier pc. Should take like a few months if you work full time

Desktop pc's are more powerful than laptops since you dont pay for mobility.

I'm not a poorfag precisely because I pirate all my vidya. =)

Just steal games. Steal everything you want. GIBSMEDAT ERRYTHANG

you mean this?
github.com/kootstra-rene/enge-js

>laptop
Never worth it, especially not if poorfag.

Destitute poorfag tier
>used office computer with i5 2400 and 8GB of ram and some used RX 560 4GB or R9 280 or gtx 960
Not that poor or can spend like $200 on a computer tier
>used office computer with i5 3570 or 4590 and 8GB of ram in dual channel and a small ssd and some RX 570 4GB or RX 480 4GB
Third world smart poorfag
>used office computer with some i7 3770 or i7 4790 and 16Gb of ram with a 256GB ssd and some used 1060 6GB or 1070 8GB

ROFL
With $500 you can get an RX6600 and stick it into some 10 year old shit heap and play any game you want.

Invest in the hardware, pirate the software. It's what I've done all my life even though I actually make money now.

what about the whole "cpu bottleneck" thing?

Cpus bottleneck when you want to produce a lot of low res images
Gpus take most of the load if you do high res low fps

There's literally zero worthwhile games released since 2013. Zero. I only have a shitty 2008 laptop that was shit even when it was new and I've been playing nothing but half life mods on it for months.

What about the cpu bottle neck thing?
The i7 3770 is going to squeeze only 99% out the RX6600 ? You gonna cry about the 1%?
In almost all video games, except warhammer 3 and flight sim, you do not need anything more than a 4c 8t cpu at some reasonable clock like 3.2GHz.
x86 architecture is like that and if you want to play some UR5 experimental tech demo game you can always ask yourself why you cant afford some R5 2600 and 16GB of ddr4 memory and some b450 motherboard.

You pirate your singleplayers games or play ftp online multiplayers/servers.
Laptop is fine depending on what you want to play. I only play Minecraft and GBA emulations if necessary so I just got a refurbished Thinkpad, this was because the brand is cheap, sturdy and I can replace components for the laptop such as batteries and harddrives overtime to prolong it's use.
You can also buy graphics card that are as low as 2-4gb to play games up to 2012 (vanilla). Graphics cards in electronic/entertainment exchange stores are still cheap, just don't bother with anything more than 8gb. They should also have some cheap rams and cpus (4 core). Use pcpartpicker website to build your rig based on your budget.

Attached: 5439202059231.png (2560x1440, 2.33M)

>Invest in the hardware, pirate the software.
This. People don't understand just how quickly piracy pays for itself.

lol
GPU bottlenecks literally don't exist outside of 16k high-poly models in full VR
CPU is and always will be the only real bottleneck in gaming
>b-but I only play csgo and I need to render my 32k dildo knife
well, I guess CPU doesn't matter if you're a shit-taste pleb