Has a puzzle game ever filtered you?

Has a puzzle game ever filtered you?

Attached: 1659235191714409.jpg (556x943, 89.35K)

Can you articulate what makes the OP "Reddit"?

Depends if the one Monty revealed was the sexier one or not.

50 %

Yes. Blackjack movie explained it well. 33% chance in the beginning for each choice for both players. Player 2 is forced to open door 1 up revealing his 33% chance is now 0%, and your initial option is still 33%, leaving the middle option with a now with a 67% of being correct.

This one is pretty easy once you realize the gotcha and realize how fucking bad everyone is at explaining it.
The host always reveals a goat which means your second choice is always 50% instead of the initial 33%, meaning that it's always better to switch.

All 3 are hidden behind 1 door. So if the door has a goat then it also has the car.

It doesn't matter because a nigger will end up stealing your car afterwards

Yes.
>start on car door
>two possible doors to reveal: goat 1 and goat 2
>it doesn’t matter which, because choosing to switch will always land you on a goat door
>start on goat door 1
>only goat door 2 may be revealed before you’re given the choice to swap
>switching will always result in you landing on the car door
>start on goat door 2
>only goat door 1 can be revealed before you swap
>switching will always result in you landing on the car door
In one scenario switching always loses and staying always wins. In two scenarios switching always wins and staying always loses.

You have a 33% chance of picking the car first. If you switch you have a 66% chance.

If you can swap your choice then you have a 100% chance of getting the car, because Monty revealed one of the two goats and you've already either picked a goat or a car, so if you got a goat you'd just have to swap to get a car.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (463x349, 25.43K)

The second choice isn't 50%
Your odds change to 2/3 for switching, and 1/3 for staying.

50%, either you do or you don't

did you actually get to keep the goat?

Okay but do I have a chance of winning a goat?

Baba is You. I got about halfway through and so many puzzles had me stumped.

The kicker is that the puzzles aren't esoteric bullshit like pixel finding or nonsensical item use like some puzzle games. So I can only attribute the failure to my stupidity.

It's 66% if you consider all concurrent realities. It's 50% if you consider just the one you're in.

This filtered me at first too. But it makes sense when you think of it like this

"which is more likely, that I picked the car on my first try, or that I picked one of the goats?"

Of course I won't switch. Sure the chances are higher with switching but I am my own master and Monty Hall can sick my dick. I have chosen this door and nothing can shake my will that the car is behind that door.

Attached: 1659250742129.jpg (1114x1326, 310.85K)

I remember how my probability professor explained this one with an equivalent question.

Imagine the same problem but with 1,000,000 doors. And you choose a door and then the host opens up 999,997 other doors that have goats. And lets you choose to swap to one of the remaining doors or keep the one you picked.

I've already got a car. I don't yet have a goat. I'll win either way. Lock in door 3.

Attached: 1627173738458.png (604x748, 378.28K)

I guarantee you everyone’s going to respond that their odds are still 50% because they think probability is some kind of magic.