Why were people so adverse to the idea of Forerunners and humans being the same?

Why were people so adverse to the idea of Forerunners and humans being the same?

Attached: Librarian H.4..jpg (4096x2304, 525.86K)

>Bungie designs unique humanoid species with varying builds, sizes and vocalization
>343 makes the Forerunners look like generic ayys complete with the tired design of making their nostrils look like a snakes

They may as well have been human if they weren't even going to attempt to give them a unique design.

Attached: 1200px-HLC_Crate12_Poster.png (1200x873, 1.35M)

Cause that's really fucking retardo speak, user
It's super mary sue imbecile writing. How come humans are the fucking forerunners? that bullshit

I genuinely have no idea. It's not like humanity was ever portrayed as goodie two shoes in Halo. The SPARTANs were originally created to squash anyone who dared rebel against the corrupt government, for fucks sake.

Yeah, humans being the Forerunners' enemy eons ago makes far more sense.

>The SPARTANs were originally created to squash anyone who dared rebel against the corrupt government, for fucks sake.
Not in Bungie's trilogy, that's Nylund's fanfiction.

I have no idea what you're talking about because I don't play dumbshoot games but thanks for giving me something new to search for rule34 of.

It's 343's way of showing that they don't care about halo.

>343 to Master Chief at end of Halo 3: You ARE Forerunner
>Cut content from Halo 2 with an Arbiter level showing him discovering a Forerunner casket - it opens and he sees a human skeleton
>Humans are the only race that can activate Forerunner technology and the Covenant keeps human prisoners for this purpose
>Prophets started the war because they knew their religion would collapse if truth was revealed
343 Industries: lol I'll pretend all this never happened

oh man i had forgotten about that
makes the halo legends forerunners look a million times better in comparison, and they are just dudes with generic helmets

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 23-02-54 Forerunner_Helmets webp (WEBP Image, 1280 × 540 pixels).png (1280x540, 697.89K)

Because humans being their successors who grew after they fell was always the fucking point and massive retcons about a series origins like that are fucking retarded. Ancient humans, humans being forerunners, it doesn't matter. Stop trying to pull massive reveals that change everything (and yet nothing, because you can't actually change the previous entries) just because.

I mean it was part of a cutscene in halo 3
>truth can't activate the rings himself
>needs johnson activate the Ark for him
>"I admit it, I need your help. But that secret dies with the rest."
It was the highest point in the story and they still decided to ignore it

Too close to reality for their comfort.

343 retconned the lore to humanity being the Forerunner's inheritors and the Prophets found out about them being next in line for the Mantle so they started a holy war against humanity to cover the truth, the original canon was what you said.

>343 to Master Chief at end of Halo 3: You ARE Forerunner
The fact that people can watch this scene and somehow not get what he's fucking saying there is beyond me. As if he doesn't call chief an inheritor and child of the forerunners in the very previous sentence.

>>Cut content from Halo 2...
Stopped reading, you're a retard.

The only thing I'm against is aliens who look fucking lame.

You know how 99% of vidya companies are nowadays.

Attached: 6940.jpg (500x190, 24.5K)

What was up with Primordials?

This, even Bungie confirmed they dropped the humans are Forerunner angle by Halo 2 with the Delta Halo ruins being stated to be Forerunner ruins instead of human ruins. 343 just continued with Bungie's canon on humanity being the Forerunner's inheritors, the problem with 343 though is created Humanity's Ancestors to fight the Forerunners on almost equal ground, that was just stupid but I guess that was just to more connect humanity and more importantly the Master Chief to the Forerunners, Halo, and the Endless.

>The fact that people can watch this scene and somehow not get what he's fucking saying there is beyond me
The fucking irony of your retardation

?

The fuck is that?

Eh, sorry, Precursors.

Who?

Humans being reclaimers was never ignored

I can't believe 343 wrote Halo 3

I always though at worst it could be something like:
>Humans and forerunners ARE the same species
>Forerunners are just a different race that look like ugly fucking humans due to inbreeding or some shit, just like niggers are also technically the same species as humans
Simple as, then again 343 is retarded and they probably just set it up as straight up canon they are just not related what so ever.

Attached: 1485761594875.png (454x439, 53.78K)