Fire Emblem

It got me thinking, they could make cutscenes like this back during Fates. Why the fuck were the cutscenes in Houses so choppy? Hopes actually had pretty good cutscenes but when I look back on Houses, a lot of them seem to not be as good as I remember?

Attached: Mysterious![sound=files.catbox.moe%2F9nohfu.mp3].webm (1280x720, 2.43M)

boy Fates' plot really was absolute shit huh

>3ds game has better aesthetics that the switch
It's over

To answer your question, I think they were trying to mix 2d and 3d animation and then it turned into berserk so they gave up.

Boy, fire emblem after and including Awakening is sjit huh

All fire emblem games are dogshit, the shadow dragon remake should've ended the series.

just poor art directors. I think the people they got for the 3ds games were some of the peak they had for the series, but Nintendo/Intelligent Systems likes to change it up between games and use new people.

Echoes was great, but you are absolutely memeing if you're trying to say Awakening had good art direction

fucking weeb

This is what nuFE troons do to protect their games, they attack the superior old games or try to lump them in with Dilateswakening/3HRT. Pathetic.

It saved the series with dozens of iconic designs and beloved characters

Fates had great art direction and it was more or less all the same exact people.

Yes, but Conquest plot at least was hilariously bad and not just plain bad and boring like Birthright or Revelations

the cutscenes in awakening are still some of the best

a literal fucking toilet

Attached: 1645042034190.png (1636x4333, 2.28M)

It was, they should have focused more on the Dark Dancer instead of Azura. It would have been a lot better if she hadn't been a one of character.
>To answer your question, I think they were trying to mix 2d and 3d animation and then it turned into berserk so they gave up.
I do remember that the early cutscenes had more 2D elements to them. It really feels like once they hit the late school arc/early timeskip is when they really started to drop all quality control. One because the early arcs has a lot of cutscenes that create and expectation, then the war arc has barely any and tries to force everything to take place at the Monastery.
It's actually incredible how much Hopes improved supports and pre battle scenes by actually having them take place in a 3d space.

I wonder how much of the game was done when they really started having all the delays? Probably White Clouds, then with the route splits they realized how in over their heads they were? Fates got away with it because they actually made and sold the Routes as 3 separate games.

The toilet-bowl armor for the great knights was shit, yes, but the character designs and most of everything else is still remembered to this day for a reason, faggot.

Attached: 1618721146814.jpg (429x600, 60.4K)

most of the character designs were fucking retarded, Awakening sold on the back of the dating sim

Attached: 1643754148747.png (2386x4522, 3.85M)

I want to see a Azura strip dance in her Nohr attire meanwhile Tarja suck my dick

>cherrypicks the two worst designs in the game but has no further argument

Attached: file.png (932x654, 708.78K)

>I admit that great knights and toilet armor were shit in my post
>You post a great knight thinking that's a great own
Is this bait, or are you just retarded? Either way, last (You), so savor it, piggy.

Attached: 1593665879111.png (1685x4136, 2.91M)

user, I want to agree with you but in a sense I really can't. The truth is, every Awakening character is Iconic. They are all very distinct form one another. They are differentiated by their class, their color, and their unique design within their class. Even Inigo and Severa, despite having very similar outfits in their art due to sharing a class, look distinct thanks to how they're posed. Houses suffers because the sprites have everyone in the same generic pose. On one hand the neutral pose works for many scenes and supports, on the other is lessens the identity of each character.
Furthermore they weren't afraid to get a bit silly to further the identity of their characters in their aesthetics, villagers used pots as makeshift helmets, the Mage characters had comically huge witch/wizard hats. However all these design choices maintained a coherent aesthetic despite how outlandish they could get.

I WANT to agree with you user, because a lot of the design didn't appeal to my aesthetic sense, but I cannot deny that every character was iconic. They were easy to remember.
Consider how early in Houses people thought Sylvain and Ferdinand looked too similar. Worsened by the school uniforms no doubt.

why yes, mercenaries and heroes were ALSO fucking retarded, thanks for bringing that up

Mongolian Basket Weaving board

It's too bad nobody agrees with you

Attached: 1635626573851.jpg (600x475, 38.7K)

Maribelle's pants are dumb

Attached: 1646129619749.png (640x750, 301.15K)

I think the male mercs and heroes suck ass, but my wife severa always looks good.