Anyone ever used one of these?

Anyone ever used one of these?

drop your gaming laptop suggestions

hp.com/au-en/shop/laptops-tablets/laptop-gaming/omen-by-hp-laptop-16-c0179ax-5s2m0pa.html

Attached: Untitled.png (2423x1588, 808.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Display-Processor-82K20015US/dp/B08YKHGKTV?th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All I want is a laptop that does 1080p 60fps gaming and everything costs around a thousand fucking dollars still. For the bare minimum standard of 1080p 60fps. I fucking hate these kikes so fucking much

Attached: 99657273578538.jpg (1222x1700, 179.36K)

I have a Victus. I've only tested Yuzu with Kirby and after tinkering with the settings it seems to run 60 unless it's loading something then it dips for a second. Fortnite seems to run fine, haven't really tested it outside of toaster games and emulators though

What kind of fucking tard games on a laptop?

>as little as $70 dollaroos per month

>HP gaming laptop
I fix computers, never buy HP laptops.
Build a desktop or buy a MSI or Lenovo laptop.

Are Lenovo laptops better than ASUS ROG laptops?

Ones that actually leave the house and aren't rotting away in their mothers basement

where is the place to find laptop deals? newegg?

asus depends in the model.
TLDR rate a laptop based in the size of the heatsink and the number of standalone heat pipes.

buy a steam deck

Asus laptops are really solid all around, except that they're expensive as fuck. But if you're getting a gaming laptop, that's pretty much unavoidable. You're going to be paying extra for the convenience of being able to take your battlestation with you, just surrender yourself to that fact.

One thing I always say to people buying gaming laptops is that you should, ironically, have some experience building/servicing/diagnosing desktops. This knowledge will turn a piece of hardware that will probably die or brick in 2-3 years into a faithful companion for 5-8 years at least.
Normies often buy these things and then treat them like iphones, then complain in 2 years when the thermal solution burns out from high usage and windows is working overtime from all the garbage they've neglected to uninstall on it, and you really want to squeeze all the perfomance you can out of it.

I like Asus because they're pretty good for serviceability and tend to be reasonably well designed in terms of thermals and body quality.
I'm currently using a G15 zephyrus, and while it's done me really well I can't recommend it. They're loud as fuck at full fan speeds because of their slim form factor and the lenovo/mediatek wireless cards on them are hot garbage (but thankfully you can just buy a new one and just swap them out).
The chunky Strix models are really good for thermals and just a bit more reliable overall, and it goes a long way. Pic related.
I've had both the zephyrus and strix in 3070 + Ryzen models and they're really capable machines. The high framerate screens on them are a really nice touch, but the 1440p+ screens are a bit overkill and honestly I think I would have preferred 1080 because the vast majority of games just don't look much better on higher resolutions on a smaller screen. The exception being MMORPGs and shit where you mostly play the UI, but that's kind of true even for regular PC gaming. High resolutions are a bit of a meme.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-31 032058.png (1495x772, 1.53M)

Gaming laptops are such a meme I feel bad for anyone who uses one.

>drop your gaming laptop suggestions
Don't game with a laptop.

I need a laptop for travel anyways, why do you just assume anyone using a laptop also doesn't have a desktop PC.

Lenovo Legion

I want to wait until the next iteration

the current iteration is incredible compared to what integrated graphics were available before.
You are doing yourself a disservice when you can buy a $400 steam deck and a $30-$50 SSD.

That's even worse. You admitting to defeating the purpose of going out in the first place because you admit your doing the exact same activity that people are doing at home.

Is something like this good at all? amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Display-Processor-82K20015US/dp/B08YKHGKTV?th=1

I want to do some gaming while traveling. I have a desktop PC at home. I don't know why people keep bringing that up in a laptop thread. A 1650 should be enough right?

Bro there are laptops with 3060 selling for $900. Why would you pay $1,500for that shit?

I use a laptop for travel too. It doesn't have a dedicated GPU because it adds DOUBLE the weight. Literally not worth it. My chinkpad is something like 2 lbs and beats the steam deck in every benchmark. No, it's not great or anything but it runs everything I need it to run.

I remember I got a gaming Laptop back in '10
Worked beautifully for about a month until it started shitting the bed and overheating when I tried to do ANYTHING
Sent it back to have it looked at and the cunts said nothing was wrong with it
I learned my lesson

laptops are useless for gaming. just get a desktop if you need a laptop for work get a shit $300 one.

lol

Call me crazy , but its probably because it was specifically asking for a gaming laptop on a forum specifically for gaming and didn't ask for anything else to be taken into consideration at all.

I mean there's nothing really wrong with wanting a beefier laptop on the go. It doesn't mean you're only gaming on that laptop and not have a desktop.