Why are AAA games so fucking same-y?

Why are AAA games so fucking same-y?

Attached: 1636394719225.jpg (4710x2570, 3.54M)

white people

because you keep buying them and talking about them NIGGER

evveryone thinking their generic ui has to look the same, have standards, whatever. it's UI designers that are the issue. they all think that UIs have to be the same.

Most of these are playstation games

nigger
chud

but wait, there's more!

Attached: modern UI new.jpg (4710x3147, 3.96M)

mmo UI is the peak RPG experience it's so easy to use the 200 unique skills for your class and the 300 other unique skills from the various unique class specific items you hoarded throughout the years.

needing money to not starve ruins creativtiy

Only one of those I recognize is Warframe.

Ratchet, Xenoblade and BotW are fine.

Because they have invested tons of time and money into finding out the EXACT type of layout and visual design that will make the largest number of users continue to engage with the game.

How dare something be easily accessible, convenient and universal.

They all use a turn key game engine and hardly, if ever, change the stock items, objects, ui, or control scheme

when it's RPGs/action RPGs I understand. When it has no reasons for stats it's annoying

Because just like in any other entertainment medium there are profitable abstract patterns that appeal to the masses and need to be met/exploited for maximum profit. Every business is just an exercise in testing the grounds for what works and what doesn't, then zeroing down on the winning formula after striking gold. It's how Jews have run the movie and music industries for decades.

based
white people are ruining all forms of art
mutts will seethe at this post

And how would you design a equipment system for a 3D game?

So you don’t want to customize your character?

I want to customize the inside of your boihole with my cum.

Destiny was the first of those games. Everyone else copied it and should be ashamed of themselves. I really like the UI. It's clean, fits the aesthetic, and is easy to navigate. Why it's in God of War I don't fucking know.

This would be good if games had sexy females with coomer outfits that would make it essier for me to jack off

>2007
what a mystery

Yeah because who needs variety and creativity in games right? Everything should just be the same dull streamlined perk filled open world padded shit.

I assume you are talking about the modern game, but look at this retro game, the UI is still quite the same

Attached: 1078dece1f0ae34a10c483ef396c0108.jpg (800x600, 87.74K)

Larry Fink is not "White." He is a jew.

Attached: laurence d fink.jpg (1500x1001, 417.53K)

We are talking about menus and UI, not actual games.
I couldn't care less about variety and creativity when it comes to menu.
Only things that matter in menus are convenience, readability, and comfort.

I actually feel like Skyrim started it, at least the aesthetic design of hud items and overuse of black overlays for menus

>still the undisputed king of UI, nearly 15 years later
The remake will fuck everything up, won't it?

Attached: hand.jpg (767x767, 101.12K)

I really hope you aren't actually this much of an idiot.

Nah if you're spending a lot of time in menus, which you are in games that include inventory and skill management, the menu becomes part of the gameplay experience. If your high fantasy or medieval (or whatever) game has the same modern aesthetic as a call of duty game, it imposes itself on the experience. Pic related, still uses the same principles as any other modern UI, yet also aesthetically fits the theme.

Attached: kcd-main-level-stat.jpg (1920x1080, 619.82K)

No it doesn't, you pretentious little shit.

Ya it does. If you're going in and out menus to perform necessary tasks, it's gameplay. Period

Nope