First/oldest videogame character

>first/oldest videogame character
>only shit games

Attached: dasdas.png (870x904, 633.26K)

>pac-man in smash lmfao

Pacman world was alright

world 1 and 2 are great games

Attached: SLUS-00439_2021-12-20_21-00-40.png (1440x832, 1.12M)

I like CE

don't talk shit about pac man 2

Attached: 7TBcSDx.gif (338x370, 79.37K)

>posting an inflammatory opinion just to get replies
Anyway, Adventures in Time is my favorite in regards to classic maze gameplay.

Isn't the Space Invader the oldest video game character?

Pacman world is pretty good.

The original Pac-Man is still a fun time waster.

The oldest with things you can actually call 'characters' that's still trotted out occasionally at least. Games before SI were mostly one on one space fighting or very crude racing games.
The first one with actual characters that aren't spaceships or abstract paddles was probably Taito's Western Gun from '75

Attached: Western-Gun-1975-1500x842[1].jpg (1500x842, 59.04K)

Oh and the same guy (Tomohiro Nishikado) who designed Western Gun also designed Space Invaders.

Probably the enemies are the ones that count, I think in gamecenter CX some staff said that was the first step into vidya becoming an all ages thing though it wasn't meant to have that effect, Pacman comes across more as the first arcade actually made with the mindset of trying to have a mascot to reach as many players as possible

So, OP is just straight up bait, but does pacman really have any actively bad games?
Besides Professor Pacman?

Attached: lethal.png (88x117, 35.05K)

crazy how popular pacman got when most people probably can't even get past the second stage.

I dunno about truly bad games but it has some 'meh' games
Pac Man World 3 and Pac Man All Stars on PC come to mind

just like how dark souls is so popular yet only like 30% of ds players made it to anor londo

>Pac man All Stars
Never seen this, looks interesting

>Pac-Mania
>Pac-Man 2 the New Adventures
>Pac-In-Time
>Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness
>Pac-Man World 1/2

I would say that there are likely more good than bad games in the series, but out of the ones i've played these are the ones i've liked most. I didn't list the classic games because everyone knows and loves those.

Kids back then just liked running around the maze and didn't care that they couldn't get that far in it.
A ton of popular arcade games back in those days didn't give you any slack just because it was the very first board in the game. Hell look at Donkey Kong Jr. which still became famous despite it's very first board being 100x harder than Donkey Kong to get past (and the second board is even worse).

Attached: 4f5c133f7c28d_236921b[1].jpg (700x1056, 158.75K)

Baby Pac-Man is terrible on both the arcade game and pinball fronts.

Ghostly Adventures was a good game