The best total war game? It has to be the first Rome Total War bro

>The best total war game? It has to be the first Rome Total War bro.

Attached: 1652534292718.png (800x1143, 1.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b9I2E14D_sg
youtube.com/watch?v=dh9HI4eudR8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GODS I HATE GAULS

Attached: 1571809530565.jpg (1024x576, 120.62K)

Medieval 2 as France

i liked Rome, but for me it's Empire, the first one i played. I got it at a bazaar in Afghanistan on deployment, and played the fuck out of it on my gaming laptop a few hours every night after the finance office closed. The soundtrack, the naval battles, the sound of all the muskets and cannons firing, was just intoxicating.

and this loading music
youtube.com/watch?v=b9I2E14D_sg

Rome > Fall of the Samurai > Shogun 2 > Medieval 2 > Rise of the Samurai > Medieval > Every addon Medieval 2 campaign > Warhammer 2's complete map > Troy > Warhammer 1&2 > all other Total War games and campaigns in no particular order except Empire > Warhammer 3 > Three Kingdoms > Empire

no it's the buggy one where the AI just sends all their units in at once during sieges

Better than Medieval 2 where they just stand there

Three Kingdoms all the way

100% agreed but that's a strange way to make a "worst to best" list.

Medieval 2 deserves to be rated more highly for its huge list of mods, introducing visible armor upgrades (a great feature that was dropped for some reason) and non-clone armies. It was peak Total War, just overall decline since then. No more modability, more arcadeish battles.
Empire is definitely above Nu-TW as well for introducing naval battles and while the campaign was ass, the game was fantastic in multiplayer.

>when you adopt your captain of a general-less army who (with your guidance) achieved a legendary victory against an army 3x his numbers with just hastati or town militia

Attached: 1654463418203.png (853x1000, 521.53K)

Never forget.

Attached: rtw.jpg (1920x1080, 420.65K)

Rome 2 could've been so good... what went wrong bros

>what went wrong bros
Not using an engine made for gunpowder battles to make a game about ancient warfare would have been a good start.

CA was beyond arrogant. Remember they rented out the HBO Rome set and just fucked around on it, then the game came out buggy and everyone asked what the fuck they were doing?

fucking elephaggots and their friendly fire

Attached: eded56fde85db75b2e352029fb667c6a.jpg (2881x4241, 1.16M)

Is there anything more aesthetic than a Hellenistic phalanx?

Attached: 33237461oo.jpg (493x458, 73.73K)

Somebody said best total war?
youtube.com/watch?v=dh9HI4eudR8

Attached: attila.jpg (474x474, 42.53K)

>crypto millionaire
>high IQ, makes articulate bulletproof arguments that no one has been able to refute
>pro-consumer advocate
>btfos CA
>pro-Z/Russia
>the only argument warhammercucks have against him is the strawman that he supposedly hates fantasy when he regularly talks about how good Third Age and the Med 2 Warhammer mod are
>objectively right about CAs new direction towards turning TW into a casual moba instead of a tactical simulation game

Volound won

Attached: latest.jpg (900x900, 388.24K)

>HOPLITE ELITE

Attached: GREEK_HOPLITE_ELITE_INFO.jpg (160x210, 9.34K)

this series fell off so hard i haven't even play a new game other than attila

miss the comfy threads on /vg/ where people would post their campaigns but what can you do

>tactical simulation game
Its not like they were ever realistic anyways

is he actually a crypto millionaire?

far more realistic then the garbage that we have now
>testudo in past TW
>an actual formation that can be disrupted by various factors such as movement and terrain, shields actually block projectiles and you can see people dying as projectiles slip through gaps in the defense

>testudo in 3K
>a flat percetnage DR bonus against projectiles, even if your formation is completely fucked by terrain or being engaged by an enemy in melee

>cavalry wedge in past TWs
>a real formation that isn't just a "press button to win" for cavalry, has to be employed tactically and only in the right situations vs the right enemies

>cavalry wedge in nu-TW
>flat percentage damage bonus that you just mindlessly click any time you charge with 0 depth

many such cases

Complete realism is impossible in video games, but it was certainly the most realistic tactics you could get apart from obscure shit like Histwar
Just seeing formation blocks slowly advance on each other was so fun, now they run across the map like retards without tiring

ya, he talks about how hes been mining since 2012 in the video where he shits on NFTs

this is the best but goddamn it doesn't matter how much I upgrade my pc, I never get it to run at 60fps
Medieval 2 is obviously one of the best, was the best for a long time.
Three Kingdoms is good honestly, pretty underrated, the DLCs are shit for the most part and CA is a terrible company but the base game was really good
Warhammer 1 was shit, Warhammer 2 was shit on release too but they made it really good so I kinda have hopes for WH3
Rome 2 was also fucking terrible when it came out, took them forever to fix it and even then it's still a dsiappointment but it's pretty good.

another one

>guns in past TW
>extremely powerful ranged weapon when employed in the right way, with help from terrain, but cucked if you position them awkwardly and you can end up shooting into your own guys if they aren't positioned right

>guns in nu-TW
>bullets fucking arc over friendlys so you don't have to give a shit about friendly fire, terrain or positioning, its just a stronger archer with armor piercing, completely invalidating any need for archers because they operate in the same way but better

The game is ruined by abysmal optimization, I don't know why it runs so badly on any pc

Which is why the remaster sold so well right?

I want to fuck a Skink so bad bros

Attached: E4j05xpVEAUqIdu.jpg (750x960, 452.04K)

Attila was great.

the remaster sucked dick and is literally inferior to the original.

you can see this demonstrated in the very first battle you partake in as the Julii when you attack segesta. in nu-TW the AI is so retarded that you can easily bait them out of the time by using your ranged dudes as bait, so that they can be flanked on both sides by your hidden units hiding behind the buildings, in OG TW, the AI was actually smarter and never would fall for that shit. the second you start pulling your ranged dudes back, they would pull back too into a defensive position.