ESA Summer 2022

Afterparty edition

Stream: twitch.tv/esamarathon
Schedule: esamarathon.com/schedule

Previous thread:

Attached: 1627674448301.webm (534x550, 861.21K)

advertising is against the rules.

Attached: 1359093545840.gif (450x450, 88.38K)

everyone who posts in this zombie thread is cringe, the event's over, go do something else see you at RTA

WHEN'S RUNESCAPE?

Attached: 1642289967934.jpg (3120x3776, 462.24K)

You're posting in this thread.

watching runs that i missed. this worms run might be the most autistic thing i have ever seen. im impressed

It genuinely impressed a lot of us who have played way, way too much of that game and know it like the back of our hands.

It's no wonder he has every WR going for pretty much everything up to Worms World Party.

To any user's that do venture into this thread:

Has this GDQ/ESA/any Marathon actually inspired you to run something?

Attached: 1647241385924.jpg (1000x1000, 282.17K)

Only thing that disappointed me about the run was his roping ability is worse than the average Shopper player, including myself.

The average shopper player still plays nothing but that fucking gamemode while he seems to go for a bit of everything.

>still plays nothing but that fucking gamemode
Guilty, although my BnG game is still pretty good. Wouldn't want to play against him in any vanilla schemes though since his improv game during the run was top notch.

not really. my friend had a very brief Portal career though, and i did time myself playing sonic 3 & knuckles once.

Only for fun, because RE games already give bonuses for beating the game quick. So it was a natural progression to challenge myself in trying to beat a game fast, then so quick that I can do it saveless, and so on. But never on a professional level or anything.

I don't feel like learning a speedrun, but I might learn Japanese one of these days just to post in here what the runners at RTA are talking about.

they seem to like it, i've had the japanese restream running some times and they even let some foreigner guy commentate some games for one GDQ. he was very obviously not used to speaking japanese, but the chat kept cheering him on.

I've run Doom/Doom2/Heretic/Chex Quest on and off, some other old ass games too.

I'm never going to be Zeromaster or anything but competently enough to have fun with it while not doing the "I don't know how to play casually anymore" shit.

To make this thread somewhat useful at least post the most up to date speedrunning 2022 charts in chronological order and sorted by median and mean so desperate anons have an easy way to find it.

Damn that's pretty based
A lot of the RTA Posters are pretty cool like that too

They were already last thread.

esa started playing ducktales on their channel

Attached: 2022 speedrun ratings[chronological].png (4300x2650, 2.64M)

Attached: 2022 speedrun ratings[mean].png (4300x2650, 2.62M)

Attached: 2022 speedrun ratings[median].png (4300x2650, 2.62M)

As long as there is a translated schedule, I'm golden. The threads should be fun and slow, all the same.
An English re-stream would be great, though.

I speak two other languages and neither of them are Japanese. That's useful.

Damn I can't believe Eyetoy won on in terms in Median out of all the events
Pretty based

I just watched it and I don't know what everyone was going on about.

>colorcoded the missing charts
Many thanks chartanon. This pleases my crippling autism immensly. Much appreciated.

Attached: 1659106880877666.png (1211x890, 1.26M)

twitch.tv/speedgaming did the english restreams during last RTA
no idea if they're doing it this time too, but we'll just have to wait and see i guess.

What in the fuck is up with the split mind on Mario 3d Land?

runner and couch were having too much fun, alienated Any Forums between enjoying it and hating it
enough so that spike came out and passive aggressively shit on it, while doing the exact thing when he's on couch for that event
he backpedaled with a tweetlonger/pastebin and eventually deleted the original tweet

Attached: file.png (586x305, 170.87K)

It was so bad it looped back to being good

Why do people care about twitter so much? sage

It was just a fun time overall
I personally liked the Spy segment because of how clutch it was, but the Boxing one was good too
Karate and Soccer were eh, and so was the Cooking one

Poor Macbat runner. Hopefully someone finds them, one day.