"Normalfags prefer the sequel but the original was actually better" starter pack

"Normalfags prefer the sequel but the original was actually better" starter pack

Attached: 1302309123201.jpg (998x998, 312.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yew_9ccY1Bk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't care

>normalfag thinks hes not a normalfag for playing and liking the more popular game out of incredibly normalfag franchises like batman??? lol starter pack

checks out, Gothic II is the introduction to the next level

>Contrarian thinks the first games are always the best

Silent Hill 1 was garbage, Dead Space is awful across the board, ME1 is the best in the series, and City is legitimately better than than Assylum. Origins was surprisingly the best Arkham game

I noticed this trend lately. People make it their entire personality to hate the objectively better sequel. Why?

They want to feel special

From what I've seen it's usually the first one sets a tone or or has a play style that gets ignored or is made more accessible that subsequent sequels never really recapture

you are an npc. it's really not that big of a deal. just move on

ME2 is the normie pock though. Normalfags hate planet exploration and more rpg esque gameplay, ME2 is a cover shooter designed to appeal to short attention spans.

I appreciate the shit that SH1 did in establishing the franchise but it's an inferior game to SH2. It's obvious they had little to no idea what to do with the story what the gameplay should be like. The atmosphere is great but atmosphere alone doesn't make a game. The combat is irritating, the enemy designs are sorely lacking, and the story outside of Lisa and Alessa is incredibly weak. SH2 has an equally strong atmosphere while being far better in other aspects. It's a better game and arguing otherwise is simply contrarian.

Other games are correct, though.

This. not sure about the other games but mass effect 2 is an example of this phenomenon

Perfectly describes Mass Effect 2

>ME2 is the normie pock though
re-read the thread

The Reapers peaked in ME1 on Virmire, that conversation with Sovereign is pure kino. That being said, ME2's suicide mission is GOAT.

SH1 = 7/10
SH2 = 5/10
DS1 = 5/10
DS2 = 4/10
ME1 = 6/10
ME2 = 3/10
BAS = 5/10
BAC = 4/10
None of these games were great.

>Mass Effect 2
Clearly writing declined and the game removed the uniqueness of the weapon heating mechanic in favor of generic ammo that every shooter uses, also the Mako was an interesting idea used badly with repetitive interiors, shouldn't have been scrapped, Saren >>>>>> retarded cliche smoking man
>Dead Space 2
Both games are generic failures
>Arkham City
Each game shone in a different way
Never played Silent hill.

The Evil Within

Do people really hate Arkham City when Origin exists?

Silent Hill 12
Mass Effect 1=2 I like them about the same but for different reasons
Never played bamham

>made more accessible
And yet, there's OP, directly mentioning one of the most insidious examples of casualization. It's almost as if that's just another corporate buzzphrase built on modern corporate delusions.

"Casualization" is going to be remembered as the growing pains of the art form and a movement from a bunch of idiot executives who couldn't understand anything that wasn't on a spreadsheet and didn't belong in their spots.
>They made a lot of money!
That doesn't always translate into long-term relevance. What's more remembered: Boom Town, one of the top box office draws of the 1940s, or the weird little niche genre of the same time period that we call film noir? Hell, people have already forgot Avatar.

Arkham city too. I mean I like the series an everything, but asylum had a certain tone

And City doesn’t have a certain tone? What a dumb criticism.

I wanted to use dumbed down or loses something but was trying to be diplomatic too

less focused, more filler area. And Origins did the openness better anyway, like user said

Literally just buzzwords.

>Origins did the openness better
It's literally the same map

didn't feel that way to me at all. maybe its just something you lack to get the tone or something

It really doesn't in my opinion, crossing the bridge is tedious

I'm glad you asked

Attached: Half-Life_Steam_library_cover.jpg (600x900, 334.38K)

Don't let idiots and sophists control your language. Language plays a big part in narratives, and you lose useful words like "streamlining" by allowing them to have their way.

The only thing ME1 did better, was the exploration.
Everything else was a massive improvement in ME2.
ME3 was shit because they went straight into the Reaper invasion, instead of getting to know more of the reapers and how to stop them.
Such a shame they rushed ME like that.

Attached: 1656884143632.jpg (604x835, 223.52K)

>Tone
They just made everything gray and covered it with fog/snow
youtube.com/watch?v=yew_9ccY1Bk
Literally soul vs souless

nah ME2 has a batshit retarded story where they pull an entire race from their asses that is enslaved by the reapers, but couldn't assist Sovereign in the first game because... reasons I guess, and you have this shitty theme of Shepard having to assist his enemies in Cerberus and only pouting like a kid that he dislikes the cliche smoking man because... reasons I guess

ME2 getting a pass for retarded shit like "reaper robot made of human slurpee" is exactly why ME3 turned out the way it did