How autistic are grand strategy games exactly?

How autistic are grand strategy games exactly?
My friend recently bought Hearts of Iron and he says after 60 hours of playtime and watching dozens of tutorial videos on Youtube he finally understands "the basics" of the game.

Attached: 290px-Hearts_of_iron_iv_packshot.png (290x368, 214.34K)

ur friend is clinically retarded

your friend is a liar because after 500 hours of this game i still have no idea how the naval system works

Didn't you already make the opposite thread a couple days ago? Haven't seen anyone talk about this before and just assuming these threads are yours

Nah, the hardest game I play is Tropico

I really wish I could get into HOV. I don't really get the depth because so much of how the game works seems to revolve purely around factories and the weird division designer bullshit which just turns everything into a numbers meta. I know I sound stupid and I am stupid but HOV feels the most 'excel spreadsheet the game' of Paradox's releases for me

Also, never played this and never really use my PC unless it's to add songs to muh youtub playlist. Still iffy on the whole PC gaming thing too

Light ships screen big ships from direct fire, light attack kills screens, heavy attack and torpedoes kill big ships, naval bombing kills both.

Heard of it, but no clue what it is. Some kinda airport simulator fun thing?

it doesn't take that long to learn the basics but it can take a while to get good

you could learn the game by exclusively watching videos but ideally the fastest way to learn is to watch a vid or two in order to figure out which menu and buttons do what and then play countries until you stop crashing and burning

it's like simcity except you run it as a banana republic

Everybody who plays HOI4 will eventually become trans or a Nazi. Or both.

why is does this game have such strong normalfag appeal?

Normalfags secretly admire the same ideals of Nazi Germany, and are drawn to it in all forms.

HOI4 is not that complex. Your friend might be a dumbass. It really depends on the gsg. Overall I'd say they're not that bad compared to shit like real in depth wargames or the super autism end of the 4x scale, but they're a bit more complicated than most games. People are just really used to not having to put any effort into playing a game. Most modern games can be figured out in a couple minutes.

You need enhanced pattern recognition from some type of dopaminergic disorder in order to optimize your learning.
Then once you've learned the game you can pretty much farm dopamine on auto-pilot repeating the same tasks over and over while adjusting to whatever the game throws at you like an AI.
It simply feels good.

Attached: hoiland change da world.jpg (1120x720, 253.27K)

hoi4 is already pretty autistic, but the true autism hole is when you start modding it. Anyone who has a favorite mod they play more than the base game is 100% an autist.

this but unironically

Attached: 1645969472004.jpg (170x250, 9.52K)

HOI4 is literally the easiest one or maybe stellaris

kek

Stellaris and Crusader Kings 2 are easy to learn (CK3 is more complicated imo, a lot of bullshit mechanics in it)