Cyberpunk 2077

What was the point of this character?

Attached: 1659182298077920.jpg (370x600, 197.79K)

Any Forums representation

Mexican sidekick because the setting is in America

Why didn't V just give him one of his magic inhalers?
Why did they think spoiling his death and then lying that "It's just one possibility" was a good idea?

The shoehorn for the main plot and character "motivation" for the beginning of the game until you get johnny

I really don't know he is literally played up as your best friend even though you do almost nothing together

Didn't mass effect 2 pull that same thing with shepherd's death before it came out?

I remember people saying that shepherd dying is just one way things can work out

Loss and spoilers

Didn't you see the montage?

Make players cry and trick them into thinking the story is good because it made them feel an emotion

Polish are worse than Ukrainians, subhuman filth.

yes because telling the audience how to feel is the same making them feel that way

Useful from story perspective I say

He seemed like a cool guy but the game seems to expect you to be absolutely devastated when he dies because you've interacted with him for about 20 minutes overall and a montage showed you he's your best friend.

i wonder how much of the game was cut out because it's more then just Jackie that feels forced and goes nowhere

My first play was a corpo and in that route, Jackie is already shown to be an established friend from the get-go. Him and you partnering up after your fall from grace makes sense in that narrative.
When I played as a streetkid next time around, I was shocked at how aweful our actual first meeting was and that somehow we stuck together and partnered up? It feels like an '80s shitty comedy, which is probably what that hack Pondsmith was aiming for anyway, being stuck-in-the-past as he is.

Street Kid not knowing him seems weird. He should be an old friend you lost touch with after leaving Night City. You grew up in the same neighborhood and frequent his own mother's bar, that they make clear he would drink at regularly. Nomad is the only one who shouldn't have known him.

to make you feel bad,m but they didn't have enough missions to really care a lot for him, a little slideshow that you watch how Jackie and V were friends isn't enough

do you think the mission were cut? it just feels so lazy Witcher 3's writing wasn't the best but it was no where this shit

Yeah Cyberpunk definitely feels like they had to cut content, the Jackie "we're buddies cutscene" feels like a we gotta have something instead of the missions that were the original idea

Witcher 3 writers left the company before Cyberpunk went into production. CD Project was bleeding employees pretty bad around 2016-18.

Even having a Fallout 3 tier intro of showing different points of your early life in Night City with Jackie would have been better then that shitty montage.