Can we have a F.E.A.R series thread?

Can we have a F.E.A.R series thread?
I just finished the first one in the span of a day and liked it a lot but I'm not sure I understood the story fully or if the game's deliberately obtuse about some plot points.
Was that Origin project just a way of exploiting the powers of a one in a million psychic girl? What was that synchronicity shit? Is Alma really that Wade guy's daughter or did she just have his name? Did he impregnate/ rape her?
I really want to jump straight into 2 as I remember playing it close to its release and liking it enough, especially the atmosphere, but never finished it and didn't really understand what story was thrown at me. Now I suppose I have some measure of context for the game but there are two expansion packs for the first one. Are they worth checking out?
Reading the wiki it says they're not considered canon and weren't developed by the same team.

Attached: fear_pc.jpg (300x424, 82.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7oCCfZvgvpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

alma is your mother
the synchronity event was her linking up with fettel, and yes the dlc is worth it cuz you get a cool laser gun you can cut off people's limbs with

>alma is your mother
I got that much, I think.
>the synchronity event was her linking up with fettel
All right, that makes sense.
Did the writer of the main game also write the expansions? I'm guessing it's more of the same gameplay wise so the fact that it's not canon throws me off a bit and I kinda want to see something different. Maybe I just need a break as I've almost been playing it non-stop today

the expansions are fun, but storywise they're meh.
2's gameplay is worse but the story and spooks are still decent. 3 is just a misery.

One of the expansion packs is really good, it gives you much needed new weapons and it has some of the best fights in the game, the other one is meh though

What makes 2 worse? I remember the environments being more varied at least, and it had somewhat cool fights with mechs. You had those in 1, too, but for some reason I remember them being more bombastic and set up to be proper boss fights.
On that note, I was kind of disappointed by the ending of 1 being a glorified horror section with you shooting off spooky ghosts one by one. I expected something gorier or a proper fight.

>No One Lives Forever
>Condemned
>FEAR
Man I miss old school Monolith. Their last LLord of the Rings game wasn't bad but they delivered crazy good shooters and condemned nailed horror very well, FEAR wasn't good at horror but it was a great shooter, feels like they aren't doing what they were really good at, despite their last game not being bad

I like how all those absolute faggots asking for representation and diversity never bought NOLF and it died

Attached: Cate archer nolf2.jpg (1280x960, 72.59K)

There is no F.E.A.R series
only F.E.A.R 1

One of my favorite FPS of the 2000s. Great gameplay, atmosphere, and soundtrack.

Attached: 1632085873850.jpg (900x1000, 248.32K)

2 is just your typical good-ish console shooter that doesn’t have either the level design or the sheer physicality of 1. Granted, the enivironments were cool and the added variety was truly an improvement on visual sense, but too bad that the gameplay side suffered there.

It’s 3 where the series becomes fanfic-tier unredeemable garbage.

>there will never be another NOLF game

Attached: re sad Gosling 1618187261079.jpg (409x409, 33.41K)

2 was painfully average, nowhere as good as the first, never played the third, 2 didn't even feel like it was made by the same people

For god’s sake, then never try 3. That one made me feel like it was made by some random jobbers as a misguided fan project.

There's all the rights to the IP strangeness going on, they could make a spiritual successor to it with a witty title. Perhaps not, given the current climate of the industry, Warner will force them to pozz it to hell forcing you to play as some ugly afro sheboon who dont need no man

What the fuck happened to Monolith?

Attached: 1657043145335.jpg (768x1024, 69.74K)

>Most busted gun in the game has infinite ammo

Attached: 180.png (640x590, 214.99K)

youtube.com/watch?v=7oCCfZvgvpk

I'm about to play this for the first time. Anything I should know going in?

Some of the original devs left, Craig Hubbard was a lead dev of NOLF, SHOGO and FEAR, he left along with some co workers to form a small company called Blackpowder Games, and they made a game years ago called Betrayer, which wasn't bad to me, but it didn't set the world on fire. I think Blackpowder games went belly up, they have been absent from any website or social media

Attached: Craig.jpg (400x400, 30.26K)

Carry a shotgun with you at all times, if you want an easy game that is, even on boss battles is the best weapon

Search any new area well to find upgrades and if you have a logitech mouse, look up for a fix

Attached: actualgraphics.jpg (2560x1440, 436.41K)

Attached: actualgraphics2.jpg (2560x1440, 327.82K)

Attached: perseusmandate.jpg (2560x1440, 350.62K)

Seems like some faggot cherrypicking. FEAR, especially in motion, looked amazing

Attached: FEAR vs some modern game.gif (796x270, 2.76M)

Attached: adjustheslideruntilthebodyarmorisbarelyvisible.png (2560x1440, 2.37M)

Iol I love FEAR. I actually like how in the first shot you can tell the headlight in an actual photograph used as a texture. The base game's graphics were great for its time. You have to admit they got kinda lazy with some of the maps and lighting in the expansions though, but of course the company was fragmenting as these were developed.