Why was the internet so mean to Wind Waker? funny how things change, and now we know it's the best Zelda game

why was the internet so mean to Wind Waker? funny how things change, and now we know it's the best Zelda game

Attached: vidya.jpg (437x302, 65.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9rQkncmTITM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>your core demographic primarily consists of autists who are notoriously bad at tolerating any changes
>dramatically change your art style
WW was always a good game

the most expressive Link ever was and I still say the original gamecube visuals hold up

>original complaints are over visuals
>takes years for people to realize that they were a smokescreen for the utter lack of content

Attached: 1652058676199.jpg (640x357, 29.9K)

The game looks bad + it's a casual empty unfinished rehash

Attached: zelda cringe.jpg (1000x1254, 288.02K)

It was the cel shading cartoony style. Thread over

Because i'm not 12 and cartoons dont appeal to me

Miyamoto's a hack.

they should make windwaker 2 and make it a fully fledged game, sailing and finding islands just feels good

funnily enough it's the only zelda game that holds up graphically, but i don't know why

why were they spitting such vitriol though? i expect a psychoanalysis on this subject on my desk by the time my torrent finishes

The original teaser trailer was pretty bad. that Nintendo put out had goofy shit like Moblins running over a pit and running in place for a second before falling down. youtube.com/watch?v=9rQkncmTITM It did a pretty bad job of indicating that the tone of the game was pretty similar to the rest of the series up until that point and I, along with a lot of people, thought they were going more kiddy with it than they did.

>funny how things change, and now we know it's the best Zelda game
Cause thats how it works with all video games. The "newest" game is SHIT and the first game which was shit is suddenly good. Then everytime a new game comes out, that one is shit then the one after that was shit, is suddenly good.
I can't wait for people to start praising twilight princess when the next BotW comes out, even though this board has relentlessly shit on it for years and called it a failed OOT.

I've been praising Twilight Princess for years and shitting on Wind Waker for about as long.

>this phenomenon is literally called "the zelda cycle"
welp

This
I wasn't around during the hate, but after playing it several times for 2 decades it's utterly mediocre. Once you realize every island just has a Heart Piece or a Treasure Map that leads to rupees/heart pieces, it shatters the illusion of the game having content.

once you realize every mario game is about jumping from platform to platform in order to jump to another platform it shatters the illusion of the game having gameplay

Cry moar. WW is average and had something going with the open sea, but screwed it up. There's no reason to go to any of the islands outside the required ones for story progression.

It's literally just OoT with even more braindead gameplay, a more tedious overworld and a calarts tier artstyle for manchildren.

except for all the reasons to go there

Isn't Wind Waker a direct homage to Homer's Odyssey and Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson?

Aren't there a general five video games in total, that paid homage to those books? In all the history of video games?

>literally
>cringed