Roguelite thread

Why are there so few roguelites like the bottom?

Attached: F9C405C5-CE14-4079-99D1-D2FCCEC0BB46.jpg (2160x2160, 528.28K)

>Isaac bottom
muh steaks

top wants skilled players to make the best of what they have.
Bottom is the same thing but a chance for the game to play it self for a round giving you that massive high to eventually chase again.

>Gungeon
>Wants you to make builds
>Doesn't want things to get out of hand
rofling

Isaac should be in its own box with CHEW SLOWER

the term is ROGUELITE???? I always thought it was rogue-like

Bottom type games can also fuck you over just as hard as they can make you overpowered which ain't fun.

Gungeon does have a few mecahnics in place to stop the game from becoming like Issac. The 2 main ones the I think its called like swag mecahnic or something. The odds of getting higher tier items fuckin plummets as you get more. I think even having one S tier item makes the odds of a second spawning like 1%. The other is bosses have a soft damage cap which while breakable is difficult. Of course some individual items are so fuckin strong they alone break the game and if you can get a clone all bets are off. But the game does at least try to temper your power.

rogue-likes are games like rogue. rogue-lites are games sorter like rogue but not really

Risk of Rain 2 ruined what Risk of Rain was by adding janky ass "planet" kills and removing Chef.

please post vods of the most broken runs

both are good videogames

The term roguelike has been bastardized by people who don't even know what Rogue was. Roguelike is any game like Rogue such as Nethack and TOME. Roguelite means the game is literally nothing like Rogue except it has permadeath.

i should buy Isaac one of this days, i have played that pirated for so many years that i feel like i must

>he died to fall damage

Attached: 20000kek.png (459x612, 533.11K)

I absolutely love Risk of Rain 2!!!!

Pretty much
It's clear that the developers looked at the game and thought "hm, we want this to be balanced", but the game itself screams "break me" with all the absurdly overpowered items they put in
That's not even factoring in the weapon combinations which are often extremely broken and I don't think they have a downside

Because devs of games like above in Pic don't understand that good roguelite design is NOT about just "muh random generation". If anyone has more than a single digit IQ they'd realize that the fun of these games comes from everything you can do that IS NOT random. The agency of knowing how to "game the game" is super compelling. Above games just overtune and give you enough brownie points to numbersmash anything.

Its a stupid name made up by self important cunts on YouTube

I can't get into RoR because the sprites are too small, or too undetailed, or not animated enough. Dunno quite how to put it.

The devs did add the rainbow run which is just retarded if you really wanna just go nuts. But if your doing a proper run the odds of becoming a walking god is very very very small.

Attached: 20200710023001_1.jpg (1920x1080, 477.7K)