Objectively correct

Objectively correct.

Attached: file.png (615x683, 263.67K)

What fixes games is clearly microtransactions and processes that enforce habits.

>t. Halo Infinite dev

Yeah but why are your average consumers doing it? The only people justified to track it that it would have a substantial impact on their careers and lives are the accounting and executives in video game companies, "gaming journalists" and stock analysts.

Fixating on player count IS dumb (ie: This brand new game that just came out and is free to play is hitting big number, crazy!), but you do also still have to note that each game has a point where its' population is just too small for proper matchmaking and acknowledge those problems

player count only matters for multiplayer games and mainly pvp games. this whole 'fixating' only matters because companies are only shitting out multiplayer games trying to get rich quick.

Its too easy to make games and the player populations are too spread out all over the place

That's rich coming from a gaming journalist whose profession has done arguably more to highlight this to average consumers more than anything else because it makes for easy articles and hitting the weekly/monthly quota for clicks, engagement, etc. at their publication.

t. 343i

Not as bad as WoW players who talk about twitch stream views

Attached: 1657720886475.jpg (702x484, 101.57K)

$1 for 125 vbucks is a scam.

This is all because of TORtanic

I agree, niche games should exist and companies shouldn't expect said games to sell millions

Here's a suggestion: stop making multiplayer games you retards. Make single player games only and it won't matter how many players it has.

Do these people get paid for these or do they do them for free?

Wow are they going to talk about arena shooters like Unreal Tournament 2004 and Quake 3: Arena?

>we keep making garbage cash grabs that no one wants to play!
>The problem is that players notice and have coined a term for it!

I think player count is a legitimate concern but most of the other shit people bring up is pretty annoying

>Twitch/YT views
>Roadmaps
>Hypothetical budgets (None of you actually know what the game cost to make, stop pretending like you do)
>People complaining they're not getting new content like every day
>That guy on Any Forums who makes the "2022....I am forgotten" threads

If the game is multiplayer oriented with a tacked on single player, dead game = dead game. No reason to play it.

If the game is single player, who cares how many people are playing it? Unless "dead" in this case means it was abandoned and a buggy early access mess like many, many games are.

Never going to happen again. Single player games will forever be an afterthought to GaaS bullshit that can be milked for years and years, generating a constant stream of revenue.

>JUST PAY 60$ FOR THIS DEAD MULTIPLAYER ONLY GAME GOYIM STOP LOOKING AT THE PLAYER COUNTS

Is there anything more pathetic than gaming journalists?

Attached: 1652404435823.jpg (332x1024, 26.91K)

I hate gaming and all gamers so I absolutely fixate on this.
People should be talking about politics which is much more important than this shit made for little kids.