Nintendo has this IP and they are just gonna let it die? They clearly remember it...

Nintendo has this IP and they are just gonna let it die? They clearly remember it, Alex Roivas was a sticker in Smash Ultimate. Do they not know how to make another scary game with their family friendly image?

Attached: eternal-darkness-feature-image.jpg (620x400, 144.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best
youtu.be/Z_M-JI_lreY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nobody cares about it anymore. it has died into obscurity.

not true at all:

ED is on there.

Nintendo letting a franchise fade into obscurity? impossible!

oh wait, F-Zero exists, and Earthbound/Mother, and Wario Land, and Kid Icarus, and Ice Climbers, and Wave Race, and Diddy Kong Racing, and Starfox (and no, giving the IP to a nobody dev team to make a shitty spin-off game doesn't count)

I'm throwing Metroid in there too because Prime 4 is vaporware

Nintendo are actually a really shitty company that gets propped up by manchildren fanboys who think the company is their "friend", and lets them get away with really disgusting business practices

How about Clu Clu Land, Mach Rider, Mysterious Murusame Castle, StarTropics, Battle Clash / Metal Combat, Uniracers, Stunt Race FX, Tin Star, Warlocked, or Kuru Kuru Kururin? Those IPs have been dead for decades.

eh, I have a funny feeling that they will do something with F-Zero and Eternal Darkness. I don't know what, though. I think with ED they will license it out to some dev team that is good at horror games. For an example, doesn't Nintendo have a good relationship with the devs that made Fatal Frame/Project Zero? ED2 will prob be made by them.

you're not wrong, but I was really trying to emphasize fan-favourite series that are slightly more modern that Nintendo completely tossed away despite there being demand for them

I wouldn't bank on it, I'd expect them to just say "make more Fatal Frame games", Nintendo seems to have this attitude of only really trying to have one franchise per genre for everything except platformers (which are their bread and butter)

Are they scared of being associated with Denis Dyack?

Isn't Silicon Knights dead or disbanded?

Yeah Dydack himself is in Ontario Canada someplace making "Deadhaus Sonata".

youtu.be/Z_M-JI_lreY

yeah, but all of the characters and scenarios of Eternal Darkness belong to Nintendo. It is pretty rough, but because of that there is the possibility of a sequel.

You heard about this 2 weeks ago from a video essay and haven’t even played it

lol. if you say so.

ANTORBOK PARGON REDGOMOR PARGON PARGON XEL'LOTATH PARGON

you're making me want to replay this game, man. Literally the only game I have ever played where magic is creepy and occult, not fun and flashy.

uh well, the magic in ED is fun and flashy come to think of it. But it is also creepy.

You will play the game now, Pious.
>You can't help but play, anyway...

>Nintendo has this IP and they are just gonna let it die?
Nobody bought it the first time
>Do they not know how to make another scary game
They didn't make it

I can't play it because Nintendo refuses to acknowledge its existence and won't re-release it.

Gamecube? Emulators?

Spookiest role Hale ever voiced.

>Nobody bought it the first time

Well, I bought it. And so did a bunch of critics, apparently:

came out 2002, to save ya some scrolling.

Dont worry op it will come with the gamecube+ service