Game engine has rendering bugs

>game engine has rendering bugs

Attached: 1_8x5qar5YhqLh7SLMrCVcXw.png (901x618, 471.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahaina_Noon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When will ray tracing accurately portray this effect?

great thread user. I'm sure we'll get many interesting replies

Attached: https___s3-images.ladbible.com_s3_content_d56c62d860b1f780839311b858067f9e.jpg (420x315, 16.73K)

at least its not another thread

Never because it's a scam gimmick.

Doesn't cyberpunk do it? I remember driving the badland roads and seeing something like that. Thought it was water.

I’ve always wondered what the fuck is up with this effect
what causes it

yeah what the fuck is this shit

looked it up
it seems to be some fucking bullshit

Streets get hot in warm weather. Streets radiate heat. Air above street is hotter than usual. Warm air has different density. Light gets bent by a different density optical medium. Effect stacks up the farther the light has to travel, eg. the farther you look.

This happens in hot areas. You are literally seeing the air itself boiling all of the local moisture away. You only see this in the distance because it's otherwise an invisible process unless your eyes are taking in a lot of it at once, like when you're looking down a road.

how the fuck does this work

Retarded zoomer.

>N-NO MY SUNK COST FALLACY Y-YOU RETARDED ZOOMER FUCK YOU
I'll see you in 10 years when your next gimmick card can handle simulating atmospheric density variations and every single PS7 exclusive is a fucking desert game with mirages.

This """""""gimmick""""""" is older than you, underage nigger. Delta force had ray tracing before you were even born.

>2000 to 2010, go from visible polygon graphics and sprite art to 3D games that simulate the real looks of a place pretty well, games bloat in size
>2012 to 2022, far less of a visible improvement and the only significant leap we get is barely noticeable raytracing, games bloat in size

Attached: 1367734541.jpg (1032x729, 518.64K)

cool Garry's mod map.

PS2 game? 2:00 PM real life?

>2:00 PM

I mean, 12:00 PM.

Retard, it's not that ray tracing is a meme, it's just that the hardware is just not there yet.

It's magic water that is only visible from a distance

God put it there to tease dehydrated people

yeah it's a thing in some tropical areas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahaina_Noon

You can't convince me this isn't a Source game screenshot

This right here is proof of intelligent design. You can't look at this and say this is some random event.

elaborate

OH GOD GMOD MCDONALDS

if there's no intelligent design, how did those posts get all in a row like that?

Honestly, if anything games have started looking WORSE than they did 4-6 years ago.
Which would be fine if not for the fact that they also run worse.